Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Transition Bandit sizing for a short arse..
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Evening all,

Been eyeing up a Transition Bandit, my last bike was a 16″ Cotic Soul, felt good when I ran it with a 70mm stem, plenty stand over etc.

I’m right on the crossover between the small and medium at 5ft 6, the medium would suit better in the top tube but it’s 5.7cm more on the standover.. Don’t fancy bashing the kegs on a momentarily lapse of awesomeness..

Anybody else about my height with one? What size did you buy?

I read that sizing up is a good idea on the Transitions..

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Hello!

I’m somewhere between 5ft 6 and 5ft 7 and I have a medium bandit with 65mm stem and a small soul also with 65mm stem if that helps any 😉 both sound for me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Of it helps I am 5-10 with short legs 🙁 medium covert is fine, short stem/wideish bars – I also ride a medium sized BFe with similar setup. I don’t know what difference 27.5 vs 26 makes in all this. If you like chuckable I’d go small, medium will be easier to sell on. @jedi posted a picture of the new bandit in a reddish metallic finish which looked amazing.

1981miked
    Free Member

Cheers for that,

I have spied a nice Orange Bandit at bike swanky, it’s reduced, good spec and a medium…

Oh so tempted! I’d be running it with a 70mm stem as I like to stretch out a bit.

1981miked
    Free Member

It’s a 26er bike I’m looking at, I do like to chuck my bikes about but I’m really looking to do more natural stuff and longer distance so thinking a slightly longer and more comparable top tube length would be better.

Plus.. Ain’t she pretty..

http://www.bikeswanky.co.uk/bike/2013-transition-bandit-26-build-kit-2-orange-clearance

Anybody done business with this shop?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Have you got bits you can transfer? Frame only is £1000 at freeborn.

daveh
    Free Member

Wide bars are the way forward, they really suit the bike and largely negate the short TT. It’s not really a longer distance xc bike though (IMO).

1981miked
    Free Member

No sadly not mate, I did spy the frame at freeborn.. Great deal. I priced up a build today and it was up around £2500.

Just sold my Cotic Soul.. So much for “no expensive bikes anymore… No point as I don’t ride very much”..

1981miked
    Free Member

We’ll I’m not planning 100 mile epics, just more than steady laps of trail centres..

daveh
    Free Member

Perfect for that, doubt you’ll be able to keep the pace steady though!

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Covert pedals nicely and I’ve ridden further on my BFe (60k / 6hrs is quite far for me) which is alegedly not suited to xc so I’m sure the Bandit will be just fine and a lot of fun. Medium Bandit with short stem/wider bars ?

If you search user Swanky they’ve posted up here quite a bit and spoken about the ex demos. To be honest I thought they where a little pricey for a used bike when they were first posted. It depends on how used I suppose.

ceepers

I’m the same size as you and have a 16 inch soul. I did a bit of research on bandits before I decided I couldn’t afford one yet. From my chatting to a few shops the general consensus was a medium cos the “reach” / top tube comes out similar to the small soul

matther01
    Free Member

Between 5’7″ and 5’8″ and also run a 17.5″ Soul…opted for a medium. Running a 55 0 rise stem and 750mm 15mm rise bars…but still feels a bit tight so may opt for a longer stem.

transition1
    Free Member

It depends on wether you have longer legs & short torso or short legs & longer torso. I am 6ft 1 & ride a Large Bandit & sold my Medium Covert. They are a similar size, & both 2012 frames. I have shorter legs & longer torso so run 65mm stem. A small Bandit would be a small frame!! A medium Bandit similar size to a small Covert.

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Transition Bandit sizing for a short arse..’ is closed to new replies.