Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Transit Custom too cool for school?
  • bigad40
    Free Member

Is it just me or do Transit Custom drivers now seem think they’re all Guy Martin in a racing van!

stumpy01

Been happening for a while hasn’t it, with those Transit Sports in Ford Racing Blue with the white stripes & stick on fat oval exhaust?

They’re just trying to keep up with the VW Transporter (T30, is it?) and the sport Vito things….

Normally seen flinging it into a roundabout & realising halfway round that a – they’re in a van and b – they’ve got 1/2 a ton of plumbing gear in the back…..

Almost as bad as the frustrated Dad’s in their Zafira VXR’s……

chakaping
    Free Member

Are we talking about driving habits or attempting to break obscure world records with elaborate shed-built equipment?

Haven’t really noticed either TBH.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Me neither. There are enough bell ends on the roads already driving all types of vehicles.

sharkattack

Awful drivers are not restricted to certain kinds of vehicles.

I really like the new Transit it looks great as long as it’s not in ‘trying too hard’ sport trim.

I also really like rallying and motorsport. I really like M-Sport and the amazing cars they make. I imagine I’d love a vehicle that combines all of these things.

But, have you seen one of these in the flesh yet?

They look utterly ridiculous.

onandon
    Free Member

Christ, that looks like some sort of kids ride-on toy.

benp1

I dunno, I kinda like it 😆

My one would be in A team colours though

matt_outandabout

+1 on A-team colours!

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s so naff it’s brilliant.

You wouldn’t wanna venture too far off the tarmac in it though.

Drac

It’s just you drivers can be dicks no matter what they drive.

zilog6128

But, have you seen one of these in the flesh yet?

I have seen a black & green one outside the plumbers merchant a few times recently. It looks no less ridiculous! (but awesome at the same time)

ctk
    Free Member

Looks like a Mexican wrestler.

Love it!

tonyg2003

Sharkattack – a Transit custom exactly like that was filling up next to me on the M1 this morning. I noticed it because the paint was already peeling off the bumper (new Reg) and it had quad exhausts. I guess a 2.0tdi??
    It did look fairly ridiculous in that livery and with those exhausts!

CountZero

Like any vehicle that’s reasonably good looking, there are those who’ll want to make theirs a bit more ‘individual’, and among those some will be really crap!
    I much prefer the new Transit Custom to the various VW T4/5’s, but I prefer subtlety to outrageous whatever the vehicle.
    I had someone force their way past me today at a set of lights where it filters into one lane directly after the lights; I was driving a Berlingo, which has a rather surprising ability to accelerate, and as I pulled away I heard squealing tyres behind me and a black Meriva* shot past, then had to jam on the brakes as he squeezed in front.
    It was a VXR, complete with Nurembergring sticker on the back, brembo sticker and other go-faster embellishments, and a big exhaust.
    Doesn’t matter the vehicle, there’s always going to be some driven by dicks.
    *ickle van-like car/MPV, for those unfamiliar with the species.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Transit Custom too cool for school?’ is closed to new replies.