Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Transit Custom Euro 5 vs 6
  • zilog6128

130PS Euro 6 vs 155PS Euro 5. A grand it in. WWSTWD?

rickmeister

Does one involve AddBlu?

zilog6128

Yes, the Euro 6 has an AdBlue tank whereas the 5 does not.

zilog6128

bump! Just trying to find out whether there are any advantages/disadvantages of one engine over the other.

As I understand it the Euro 6 is more economical & has a more useful torque distribution, plus has a slightly longer service interval. Not sure of any disadvantages though, which possible rickmeister may have been alluding to with AdBlue?

welshfarmer

Well you won’t be able to drive into Stuttgart town centre in the Euro 5 wagon on days when the emissions alarm has gone off. Euro 6 only on those days. Seeing as these standards have a habit of moving from a few key areas to become more universal it may be prudent to go Euro 6 if you can afford it. Saying that, the UK will doubtless be 5 years behind mainland Europe and you will be limited to Euro 7 or 8 to drive in central London by the time they catch up.

JackHammer

Don’t get why you have to add the ad blue stuff. Ammonia can be made by the born haber process. Just stick a miniature one of them under the hood.

epicyclo

Don’t worry, after Brexit, you’ll be able to run your diesel on bunker oil and still go into town.

nickdavies

Check your car tax – my t5 is euro 5 saving me about £120 a year over the same euro 4. Otherwise I’d go for whichever one is faster!

welshfarmer

@nickdavies. The £140 tax or Euro 5 only lasted from 09-10 and then they stuck it back up to £230 regardless of Euro class. I am guessing your T5 is from one of those 2 years (mine is 🙂 )

nickdavies

2010. 8)
    Costs less to tax the van than the car! I wondered why it was cheaper than I thought it should be, now I know.
    Ignore me then, I just figured all van stuff might have a cheaper tax depending on euro class.

rickmeister

Holds on ad blue Here, including how much and what happens if it runs out.

Euro standards are only going in one direction and while it may not affect driving in cities now, it may be a deal breaker come the time to sell and euro 5 isn’t allowed in built up areas…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Transit Custom Euro 5 vs 6’ is closed to new replies.