• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transit Bike van advice
  • FOG

I am looking for a camper van to do bike trips with and have seen an 03Transit diesel based van at a good price. Anybody had any experience with these? My previous vans have been VWs but I thought I would have a change.

mickasaki
    Free Member

hi, Good vans! I work in a ford workshop so see plenty of them! Dont really get to many problems with them now, but they did have a lot of issues with camchains jumping due to a poor tensioner, this resulted in very bad engine damage. They should all have been sorted by now though. They do seem to eat brakes though, but as its not a work van, it will probably be treated better i suppose! Just make sure the engines been well serviced and you should be ok.
    hope that helps

cbike
    Free Member

This lot are friendly and know stuff. http://fordtransit.org/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steveh

Not the best vans to drive but the big advantage is that transits are popular everywhere so repairs, parts etc are pretty easy to come by.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I have a MWB Medium top 2003 transit and I love it. it’s not the quickest (its the 100PS 280) but LOADS of space. got a removable sleeping platform in the back that can fit a few bikes, boxes and kit and leave plenty of living space in the back. Also there are some good bargains out there. mine only had 16000 mile on the clock and was less than 7 grand. watch out for rust though!

FOG

thanks for that chaps, all I have got to do now is get to a price!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Transit Bike van advice’ is closed to new replies.