Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)
  • Transgender children at school…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

….unbelievable!

We’re living in the UK not Saudi Arabia!! What’s up with these parents !!! Christiens more like IS !

Listened to the radio 4 interview- shocking !

Boy removed from school in transgender rights row
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41224146

zippykona

I wonder how their poor little darling handles girls who wear trousers?

cokie

I heard that on the way to work today.
    It made me so angry. Why on earth did they get the air time? Why was no one there to challenge their utter utter ****. The presenter didn’t challenge it either. Really disappointing with that piece. Lots incorrect facts and many myths spread by them.

I volunteer at a local youth club. It’s so nice to see how progressive the young people are. They don’t care about age, race, gender, social background. In fact, the kids encourage each other to be themselves and to push past any social anxieties to be what they want to be.

These people need to go crawl back under their rock. There’s no place for them in this day and age. I feel sorry for their kids..

scaled
    Free Member

I heard part of the interview as well, my 7 year old was very confused by the whole thing.

Told her she could wear what she wanted to school as long as it complies with the school uniform, she’s happy in a skirt though apparently (my 2 year old insisted on a man bun at the front of his head with a loomband, takes all sorts)

Fair play to the school though, they seem to have handled it really rather well.

jam-bo

I wonder how their poor little darling handles girls who wear trousers?

i listened to the R4 interview driving into work this morning and I don’t think it was the child that had the issues…yet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In the end of the day if you have a problem with other people you are the problem. People want to live in their bubble and pretend the world isn’t going on harking back to the good old days where people were told to repress themselves and hide it all.

GrahamS

It’s kind of interesting that a Church Of England school is doing something that the parents feel “conflicts with their Christian beliefs”.

That suggests that either a church-run school is operating outside what the church believes, or that the parents beliefs aren’t entirely “Christian”.

fasthaggis

Those parents really need to address the main issues here …and get to a decent hairdresser as soon as possible.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good job they’ve never met this guy…

fasthaggis

Is that The Zohan ?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

That suggests that either a church-run school is operating outside what the church believes, or that the parents beliefs aren’t entirely “Christian”.

Not really, all faiths have spectrums of interpretations in their texts, faith and what is or isn’t compliant behaviours

Only atheism appears be without such nuance

slowoldman

Reading the article it seems they have “previous” over the same issue a couple of years ago.

Jamie
    Free Member

bruneep

Yup

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hah.

They actually look like religious whackos as well – wonder how many of their ancestors moved to the mid-west.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not really, all faiths have spectrums of interpretations in their texts, faith and what is or isn’t compliant behaviours

Tolerance and being non judgemental? Think that was one of the basics. Not seen much in there about gender

franksinatra

The Dad said

it’s very confusing, how is a child meant to deal with that

It’s not really confusing, perhaps get your kids to explain it as it is likely they will be much more accepting and understanding than the parents.

I wanted to rant about how we shouldn’t be allowing religions to run or fund schools but, surprisingly, it sounds like the school is handling this very well.

kimbers

i listened to the R4 interview driving into work this morning and I don’t think it was the child that had the issues…yet.

yes

quite depressing

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well Kimbers, do you expect stupid people to act rationally when perfectly intelligent people won’t give their kids say a polio vaccine because they read something on the internet?

theboatman
    Free Member

As a poster above, I heard the story on radio 4 this morning whilst taking my 7 year old to school. Before the interview she asked if she could have radio 1 on, and for once I was happy to oblige.

franksinatra

Mr and Mrs RoweI say the school’sparents handling of the situation did not show proper regard for the possible long-term emotional and psychological effects for the two young children seeking to change gendertheir children, or for the confusion and concern caused to other people by the suggestion that boys are not always boys, and girls are not always girls.

Fixed it for them

mattsccm
    Free Member

However they are entitled to their opinion, not something that goes down well here.

franksinatra

However they are entitled to their opinion, not something that goes down well here.

Opinion is fine, but removing your child from school to prove a point crosses a line.

kimbers

Opinion is fine, but removing your child from school to prove a point crosses a line.

indeed, cant be good for the transgender kid presumably already having a tough time of things

and the kid removed from school loses out on friends and education because their parents bigotry is mandated by religion- (kid confused my arse! hes confused because his blinkered upbringing doesnt fit well with the real world)

no one wins

cokie

Indeed.. opinion is one thing, but destroying your child’s life and spreading hate on one of the nations largest media platforms is quite another.

Why not invite Daesh on? May as well ask the Neo-Nazies to join too..

allthegear
    Free Member

Because, for some bizarre reason, the media feels a need to provide “balance” on this issue. It’s a bit like having climate change deniers like Nigel Lawson on.

Except, of course, you don’t get bullied and denied your existence for being affected by climate change, unlike the > 40% trans youth that attempt to take their own life.

Rachel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mattsccm – Member

They are 100% entitled to hold an opinion. We can also point out that it’s stupid, selfish an not very enlightened before telling them to jog on. Not all opinions are valid and all do not get equal weight.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Except, of course, you don’t get bullied and denied your existence for being affected by climate change,

What a nice white-centric point of view, I think those in equatorial regions may beg to differ. 😀

ransos
    Free Member

Admittedly it’s a binary thing, rather than picking and choosing beliefs to suit your prejudices.

allthegear
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – true

chakaping
    Free Member

No, it’s people being bell ends that doesn’t go down well.

I’m also disappointed the BBC would give these morons a platform. They should be aware of the flaws in their concept of “balance” (as referenced by Rachel). I thought that was one of the clearest lessons from the Brexit omnishambles,

vinnyeh

As a someone bought up in a small, conservative farming city in the 1960’s I can only marvel at how much the world has changed, when I compare my attitudes and behaviours as a 12 year old with those of my daughter today- though reading stuff like this shows there’s a long way to go still.

I guess it’s difficult for those parents to read about and understand and empathise with stuff like this, but entrenched attitudes can take generations to overcome- TG probably didn’t even figure on their radar 5 years ago, some people are still barely coping with the LG bit let alone the B. World’s changing very quickly.

I’ve always found it very sad, but I guess indicative of people’s need to control others that when offered up the mix of good and bad that Christianity encompasses most believers focus on the ‘don’t do this’ behavioural stuff, rather than the positives.

And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change…

thomthumb
    Free Member

WWJD

DezB
    Free Member

wonder how many of their ancestors moved to the mid-west.
    No need really:
    school on the Isle of Wight

oldtalent
    Free Member

Im glad all this lgbt trans bollocks didnt exist when I was at school. Any boy who came in wearing girls clothes would have quite rightly been mercilessly abused.

zinaru
    Free Member

have a friend who has a daughter in a class with a kid that is gender neutral (both 10 years old). being good parents they wanted to discuss this to deal with any questions or confusion. and amazingly none of the kids are remotely bothered which seems like a great blueprint for the future…

as far as the parents on the bbc – they toiled to pinpoint the actual issue which they have which i suspect its no more their own hang ups.

allthegear
    Free Member

Im glad all this lgbt trans bollocks didnt exist when I was at school. Any boy who came in wearing girls clothes would have quite rightly been mercilessly abused.

They did exist at your school. They always have. They were too scared, for good reason apparently, to live their life authentically and a great percentage of them will have suffered serious mental health issues because of that fear.

What a thing to be glad about.

Rachel

allthegear
    Free Member

There will be members of this forum with children who are questioning their gender identity. It just comes down to numbers. There are some really great support groups to provide help – especially Mermaids http://www.mermaidsuk.org.uk

Rachel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oldtalent – Member

Perhaps it’s time to move along there grandad. You want to be able to hurl abuse at kids and encourage bullying? Well done there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Transgender children at school…’ is closed to new replies.