Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Transferring music to iPhone.
  • Kryton57

I’ve a new phone for work – a 6 -which I’ve been using for a while. I want to transfer all my iTunes music onto it but it only gives me the option to “restore to a profile” or a new phone setup from new. I don’t want that.

I there anyway around it just to get the music on?

Thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just drag and drop it in to the…Oh, sorry…..

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Connected to the PC with iTunes on and you can’t drag n drop tracks to it?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think the first time you plug a phone into your mac/pc you need to set up the phone in iTunes and you can either do that from an existing profile from another device or as a fresh phone. I’ve just plugged in my work iPhone but I think i’d already done it as it didn’t come up with that option. I think you’d restore from another profile if you’re wanting to mirror another device or replacing one and choose the new phone option if it is a new phone and you want to set up a new profile.

Google it – you should get an answer.

mattbee

Iirc if you choose to restore from a previous it basically uses your last backup to fill the phone with stuff/settings you had on the previous phone so if you had music, pics etc in your old one they will be transferred to the new one.
    If you choose to set up as a new phone it does just that & doesn’t transfer anything over.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Transferring music to iPhone.’ is closed to new replies.