Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Transferring money abroad (again)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I keep seeing adverts for Transfer Wise – any reason not to use it to tranfer money? A figure equivalent to a low/middle range bike – transfer wise say they’ll charge £5.90.

We normally use two paypal accounts for smaller sums but it’d be a faff with a larger sum I think.

bitasuite
    Free Member

If you use this link: https://transferwise.com/u/ab510 you should her a free transfer. You’ll then get your own link to refer people and if you have 3 they give you £50. It’s really easy to use and they seem to offer a great service.

Stoner
    Free Member

I use it all the time. In fact transferred yesterday.

its like free money compared to using a high street bank.

Think how much I saved using them over a bank when buying a flat in France. Slightly more than a middle range bike….

https://transferwise.com/u/0cc91

gives you £3k of free transfers too 😉

(but then I get £3k free transfers as well…)

tang
    Free Member

I’m sending about 15 to 20k a year to India to run some charitable projects over there, could really make a difference on the shitty bank rate.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I use transferwise every month to move money to france never ever an issue

doug_basqueMTB.com

I use it all the time. We´ve used if for the proceeds of selling a flat and no problems at all. Way, way, way better than Paypal due to charges and rates you get. Also lots of people use it for paying for holidays and i have never had any issues at all.

cornholio98
    Free Member

I used HIFX for transferring larger sums 10-20k and that worked really well until they told me my country (USA) was on the naughty list and I wasn’t allowed any more.
    I now use transfer wise but keep the translations to around 3k as they require different information to be provided above that. It has worked really well for me but i have heard nightmare stories from some people. It’s not a real transfer so to speak. You put your money in their account and then wait for the account in the “receiving” country to have enough to pay you.
    Lots of people transfer money between the UK and US so the most I waited was three days. Many people transfer money home to the subcontinent but not so much money comes out so it can take weeks for larger transfers to be processed.
    I would and have recommended both services to people as they have both worked well for me

keng38
    Free Member

Transfer wise for me too. Although they have changed the way money is sent to turkey now.
    Transfer is quick as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Transferring money abroad (again)’ is closed to new replies.