Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • transferring funds from the UK – anyone got a recommendation as to who to use?
  • scotia
    Free Member

transferring from a uk account to my home account in Switzerland and someone mentioned to ‘shop around’ for the best deal..

so who’s good?

thanks in advance!

mugsys_m8

We use currency UK for a monthly £ UK to € France bank account transfer. And occaional one offs. No problems to date , commission (£15?) free for £5k and over.

Greybeard
    Free Member

currencyfair.com is a Peer to Peer exchange, ie, they facilitate you exchanging with one or more others so there’s no spread between buying and selling prices. They take a very small commission, something like 0.15% from memory. Easy to use and recommended by reputable sources like The Economist. You do a standard (no charge) transfer to their UK account, exchange the currency within your account on their site, then it’s £3 to transfer to the foreign bank. I’ve used it for UK to Euro, my BIL uses it for UK to Canada.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boblo
    Free Member

HSBC Premier provides foc transfers between your UK HSBC account and your overseas HSBC accounts. I then transfer funds foc to my local in Country account for bills etc.

sweaman2
    Free Member

If you are talking big numbers (10’s k) then I use moneycorp. Fast service and good rates. Not had a problem yet.

konabunny
    Free Member

currencyfair isn’t really recommended by the Economist – just discussed.
    http://www.economist.com/node/21554740

Foreigncurrencysolutions.co.uk
    He’s a customer and does loads of offshore guys wages etc.i use him for travel money and he’s really good…his rates beat everything out they’re…

zokes
    Free Member

We use UKForEx for sporadic large >10k transfers between the UK and Oz. Free if over $A10K and their rates never seem far off the ‘official’ rate. They were recommended by loads of people on migration forums we both dabbled in before moving a couple of years ago.

PePPeR

We have to transfer small amounts of money on a regular basis to France and have ended up getting 2 PayPalaaccounts, 1linked to our English account and 1to our French account, I can get money from transferred from the UK to France in about 20 mi s and they give a reasonable exchange rate and don’t charge anything if it’s under £500.

After 10 years of being ripped off by currency exchanges and our bank this is a simple and easy way to manage the money.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘transferring funds from the UK – anyone got a recommendation as to who to use?’ is closed to new replies.