• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Del.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Transfering NCB from van to car
  • pat12
    Free Member

Been driving a van for 14 years with no claim, soley domestic purposes (mountain biking and windsurfing)

Just chopped it in for a family car. The first insurer i tried refused my NCB as it was on a van policy.

Is this a thing?!? anybody found an insurer who will accept NCD earned on a van

Before i have to phone them all, which is just what i need with a new baby 🙁

Thanks

pat

BigJohn

I’m in the process of doing the opposite. Selling a car and buying a van. I use an independent insurance broker and while it’s a bit more expensive than an online company the service and flexibility is worth it. I bought the van on Saturday and I’ll pop in tomorrow to get the NCD switched over. They always say that NCD is negotiable and can get good discount using your accident record.

lerk
    Free Member

Adrian flux sorted it the other way round for me…

Crazy though innit? I have 30yrs NCD between cars and bikes and yet somehow that experience is not applicable to a van which weighs less and has more power than the 4×4 that it replaced.

See also multiple vehicles without submitting to their multicar/bike policies.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Have switched between car & van recently with no mention of how my NCB was earned by Brentacre.

Who were also cheaper than online comparison sites.

Del

directline are worth a look.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Transfering NCB from van to car’ is closed to new replies.