Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Transfering itunes library to new PC – anyone done this?
  • 40mpg

Quick research indicates theres several ways, with a feature to do this on version 8 & 9.

I think I am still on ver 7 on the old PC and dont really want to upgrade as i am having memory & disk problems.

Whats the process for copying stuff across using an external hard drive, will this work? Which folders do i need to copy? Should I install (new version) itunes on the new PC first? Will this locate the library? And what effect on the home sharing my daughter has set up from her netbook?

Any advice welcomed, ta as I don't really want to lose all my music!

NZCol

Whenever I do this i just install iTunes on my new machine and then once its going point it at my external drive (Edi->Preferences->Advanced) iTUnes Music folder and it works it out from there. PRobably not the approved way but they all seem to work with the same external drive full of music.

40mpg

I guess then if I copy the itunes folder onto the new pc and point it at that, it should work it out < crosses fingers, toes and spare limbs >

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Transfering itunes library to new PC – anyone done this?’ is closed to new replies.