• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Del.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • transfering iPlayer files from PC to tablet… tablet won't open them
  • alpin
    Free Member

not in the UK.

using VPN i can download iplayer content on my PC, but it doesn’t work on the tablet, despite using theVPN on the tablet.

i tried transfering a file from the PC to the tablet, but can’t get the file to the iplayer app. only gives me the option of opening the file with either “photos” or “media player”, not iplayer.

wanted to download all of Peaky Blinders to watch for when i’m away.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Assuming there is a DRM link between the player and the file?

alpin
    Free Member

i have no idea what that means…. 😳

alpin
    Free Member

transfer file from PC to tab… file now sitting on the micro SD card. can’t get iplayer to open the file. 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

To stop you just uploading the files to the internet they have some protection on the files, they will link the file to the device that downloaded it.
    If your PC is on win10 you could try disabling geo on the tablet and mobile networks and Win 10 has a mobile hotspot to share connection now so you could try that and see if it will connect on the tablet

dawson

Try using VLC player to play the file

alpin
    Free Member

hmm… tried it with VLC, but to no avail. VLC will open the file and the timer bar comes up with the correct time for the programme, but just plays a blank screen with no sound….

@mike…. that sounds really complicated. i am but a humble carpenter (like jesus) and know not much of electickery and computers. 🙁

CraigW
    Free Member

Use get_iplayer to download the programmers. That will give you video files without DRM, so you can play them with VLC.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Definitely use getiplayer. It just downloads the chosen item as MP4 to save and watch forever.

alpin
    Free Member

Getiplayer, does that run on the PC or android?

dawson

On the pc

Del

i thought getiplayer had been knobbled?
    ( about 4 years ago )

dawson

As its raining, and its a while since I used get_iplayer I’ve just had a play.

Reading different forums it looks like the beeb ‘breaks’ something occasionally which stops it working but then a while later it works again

A new version was released a couple of weeks ago so updated mine to be on the current version.

Looks like it is working ok at the moment 😉

CraigW
    Free Member

It was, but it was taken over by someone else and updated. Think it’d been broken again several times since, but there has been regular updates to fix it. https://www.squarepenguin.co.uk

Del

Oo, ta, I’ll have a squize!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘transfering iPlayer files from PC to tablet… tablet won't open them’ is closed to new replies.