Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Transcontinental Race (MK3)
  • alwillis

Just seen this via road.cc. With the inclusion of a pairs category and 40km of non surfaced road next year. http://www.transcontinentalrace.com

I’m trying to talk my fiancée into it as a late honeymoon, but neither of us really know where to start with something like this. We have done some adventure racing before, as well as an Ironman, and JOGLE but this is such a long “race” that it surely becomes more of a tour for most mortals- or do mortals simply not enter??

What sort of bike would be ideal? Road bike with the biggest tyres you can fit, or a CX of some sort?
    Luggage seems to be a minefield of racks, framebags etc I read somewhere the leaders last year didn’t take warm jackets!?

Any advice/ rational thoughts of don’t do it are welcome!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s on my list of things to do next year. Some sort of CX bike with hub gears would work well.

bol

My boss’s son did it on a Tripster ATR, which would seem ideal. I must admit I revised my bucket list once I’d realised the amount of training hours that really need to go into it. A fantastic achievement though. If you managed to do circa 100-120 miles a day on JOGLE I’d have thought you’d cope. I wouldn’t.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Surely a recumbent? One of those 3 wheeler ones so when you fall asleep in the saddle it doesn’t hurt as much. Don’t think it says anything about bikes in the rules just “all forward land based travel must be human powered”.

steezysix
    Free Member

What sort of bike would be ideal?

One of these, hopefully… It’s the main reason I just bought one!

I would have thought a lot of the new “gravel” bikes that have been coming out recently would be ideal as they’ll be comfy over long, rough roads. Most people seem to be using bikepacking bags for luggage. If you haven’t watched the AWOL web series from two years ago, make sure you do – it’s ace.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Transcontinental Race (MK3)’ is closed to new replies.