Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Trans Savoie 2017…
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Anyone doing it?

orangespyderman

It’ll probably get cancelled if no-one is.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

orangespyderman – Member
    It’ll probably get cancelled if no-one is.

LOL. I’ll set them up and you hit them out of the park!!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

No one else on here entered?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its a registrtion system is it not so people have time.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I think the first round of applications/plac offers have now been done. I think they run a second round in December to fill any places people haven’t taken or if anyone has pulled out.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Quick bump to see if anyone else on here has entered.

ndthornton
    Free Member

I got in!
    Didn’t expect to get in since its my first attempt…and now rather worried sine Im due to have knee ligament surgery in January 😯

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Excellent (on getting in, not on the surgery)! Have you done anything similar in the past? Have you started training properly as yet?

ndthornton
    Free Member

Iv not done a multi day stage race before. Iv done plenty of Alpine stuff though – last year was my 5th and last megavelanche. Went down hard in the mass start and snapped my cruciate knee ligament. Hence the decision to never do mass start nonsense ever again and try something different.

I haven’t been doing extra training – just normal riding. If the NHS get there act together and chop my leg open any time soon then I’ll be laid up for months so doesn’t seem worth it.

On the other hand if the Op gets delayed by even a month then I’ll probably have to decide to either ditch the op or ditch the race

Hardly ideal prep either way 😀

On the plus side the riding out there is absolutely the best Iv ever done – Did a week with trailadiction during which we rode a couple of Trans Savoie stages…epic awesomeness 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

As someone with two broken acl’s take the op and can the idea of Trans Savoie next year. Even wih op done now I don’t you’ll be strong enough, just not worth it. You can do the race if the op is afterwards but don’t miss the op date for it. Always another year for the race, op may be harder to get booked in for (unfortunately)

Shandy
    Free Member

I did it last year. I have had my ACL done so I know what it’s like and you will really struggle six months after the op. It is a great experience but your body will take an absolute hammering and unless you are ridiculously fit the knee will give out or worse you will damage it again and be back to square one.

mactheknife

hughjateeens, well done for getting an entry. I have done both this and Trans Provence and my advice is…

Take good waterproofs. You may never need them but trust me if you do, then you really do 🙂
    A set of clothes for every day of riding may seem overkill but you do work very hard and its a nice luxury.
    Loads of socks.
    Get your nutrition bang on ie know what works for you on long days in the saddle as doing 6 days back to back is not funny when you are hanging out.

The most important is to mellow out and look around you, it’s so easy to get caught up in everyone else mad rush but the week will be over in a flash and you want to actually experience it.

And make sure your forks are set up right, you point downhill a lot. 🙂

Enjoy

cardo

Yep got in… me and a riding buddy.
    Bit scared, but did the Enduro 2 this year which was brill and the area is amazing for trails.
    This has been on the bucket list for the last 3 years and its got to be done and its a good excuse for a bike upgrade 😉
    Some useful stuff here Trans Savoie survivor experience

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’m less concerned about my fitness and more about the ability to ride super gnarlie techie stuff when shattered (which relates back to fitness anyway I guess). I’ve done a lot of Alpine 4-5 day holidays where we spent 6-7 hours a day in the saddle and pushed pretty hard, but having done the Tweedlove International earlier this year, I know how different things are when you’re against the clock!

I’ve been riding with a mate who’s done it twice and is much more gnar than me, so pushing to keep up with him is helping although I have fallen off more times in the last 2 months than the previous 2 years!

Really looking forward to it though and plan to get a few more races in before the big event, Was pondering Ard Rock but felt it was too close to the TS so was risky. Will probably do Tweedlove again although that’s only one day next year which is a shame.

richwak
    Free Member

Bad luck to all those who had entered and will now miss out , glad i got in and did it last year as the riding was great but the organisation was poor.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Trans Savoie 2017…’ is closed to new replies.