Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trans Pyrenees 2012
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Four of us from London have entered Transpyr 2012, 8 days, 800km and 20,000m of up, from the Med to Atlantic across the mountains by mtb. Third year they have run it, think has been mostly Spaniards who have done it up to now, lot more foreigners this year it seems.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN_Nsg5ECb0&feature=related[/video]

Anyone on here do it in 2010 or 2011? Was one English fella did it SS last year……..(tips hat)

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Looks like a great event and I’m hoping to do it in 2013, but off to Iron Bike again.

From what I’ve heard TransPyr is one of the hardest there is. Enjoy 🙂

mcboo
    Free Member

We’re expecting the first four days to be brutal……average 2500m and 115km. Gets easier after that but by then you are knackerd.

Pyrenees are beautiful, and who doesn’t love the Spanish?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2500m of climbing, but no mention of decending?

Mackem

Planning on doing the route this summer, but over 9 days instead. Should ba a laugh.

Mackem

2500m of climbing, but no mention of decending?

Yes, they do downlifts, taking you to the bottom of every climb.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yes, they do downlifts, taking you to the bottom of every climb.

Having watched Spanish XC’ers ride up 1000m fireroad climbs then ride down the tarmac road, I’m not entirely sure you’re joking!

woodsman
    Free Member

I’d love to do that!

loum
    Free Member

Good luck, and enjoy it . looks like a great ride.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Having watched Spanish XC’ers ride up 1000m fireroad climbs then ride down the tarmac road, I’m not entirely sure you’re joking!

At Iron Bike the Spanish were the best descenders, really talented. As a nation I don’t think they are that bad.

hh45
    Free Member

Looks ace but pretty tough. Day 3 is 128 km and 3,500 climbing. Even day 8 is 86 km and 2,300 m of climbing. Somewhat tougher than the Trans Wales.

ChrisE
    Free Member

What is it about the Pyrenees in 2012, I have seen loads of chatter from peoplke that are planning to go there! I am midway through planning our group epic, based around the GR10 (we did the GR5 last in 2011) but the more I plan on teh maps the more I am inclined to keep south (Spanish) side of the border,

C

Mackem

I’d be interested in what you are planning ChrisE. At the moment I’m just going to follow last years TransPyrenees. Some bits and pieces I’ve read seem to think the GR11 is unrideable/illegal for a large part.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trans Pyrenees 2012’ is closed to new replies.