Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trans Pyrenees
  • Chew
    Free Member

We’re trying to plan an offroad adventure from the Atlantic to the Med across the Pyrenees.

Anyone got a detailed copy of the Transpyr route, or any other advice?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Chew, there’s lots of gps tracks for the main route on the web. Here for example: http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=1131414
    I often see people doing the route and it’s funny the trails they are on, I think that they are following known walking routes and mixing it up with fireroads. You’ll cycle through some beautiful scenery and past some amazing trails! For example, you’ll pass the point we uplift to 1350m in the photo below. Instead of taking the 22km singletrack back to the valley you will cycle down the fireroad we use to uplift. It’s just what you need to do to make time and if that sounds like what you’re after then it will be an amazing route.

Backcountry Pyrenees by basqueMTB – mountain biking holidays, on Flickr

There’s also a company which does the route supported, I can’t remember but think that it’s pyracif. If you do it and are at a loose end when you hit the Atlantic, give’s a shout!

nsdog
    Free Member

That is a great pic of a bloke having a wee.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Ian at Altitude Adventure runs a Trans-Pyrenees trip, might be worth dropping him a line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trans Pyrenees’ is closed to new replies.