Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trans Cambrian Way? Do-able in two days? Easy to get to start and finish?
  • colonelwax
    Free Member

Well, as the thread title really.

I’m not especially fit at the minute, but can plod along (rode Reading-Bristol as a 60/40 mile split along the Kennet Canal without colapsing into a diabetic coma). I reckon I can up the amount/distance I’m riding quite a bit, and have a go possibly over the August B/H weekend.

Will probably bivi/camp, probably wild but could be on a campsite.

So for someone with average fitness, is 2 days do-able?

Also not sure how much hassle it is leaving a car somewhere and getting the train – have read it’s easiest to leave one in Church Stretton?

So, any advice?

singletracksurfer

Doable, but it’ll be a hard 2 days, especially with the weather we’ve had (having). 3 makes it more enjoyable.

flatfish
    Free Member
    colonelwax
    Free Member

Yeah I’d read Pedalhead’s account. I can guarantee you I won’t be doing it in 12 hours.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Also, anyone got a copy of the Trans Cambrian Ride Guide and maps this one? Any good?

flatfish
    Free Member
    supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Planning to do this in a day in early June as a charity ride.

Big Day Ride for Henry.

Hoping for a dry May!

Teifiterror
    Free Member

At the halfway point (roughly) after Claerwen reservoir you ride past a very nice Bothy (Claerddu) which is a good idea for a nights kip. You want a good block of dry weather before doing it as large sections get very wet after prolonged rainfall but by August you should be ok.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Don’t forget to tell us your times 😉

http://transcambrianitt.blogspot.co.uk/

by August you should be ok.

I think it’s fair to say that Aug is one of the wettest months around these parts 😀

colonelwax
    Free Member

Unless there’s a special category for 1/2 blind, unfit diabetics I don’t think I’ll bother posting a time, ta.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Bump for the morning shift

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trans Cambrian Way? Do-able in two days? Easy to get to start and finish?’ is closed to new replies.