Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Trans AM 2016 thread
  • everyone
    Free Member

I’ve got a report to finish for a customer but I’m too busy to watch a dot not move quickly enough. Do you think the customer would understand if I told them the real reason they’re getting the report tomorrow?

scud
    Free Member

My work place allowed people 2 hours off last week for football, but apparently won’t allow me a few hours to drink tea and watch dots, gits…..

As you say i think physically you just turn into a machine, but i think it is the mental tiredness that really gets to them now with wrong turns and losing bearings and making simple mistakes.

faustus

23 miles to go and Lael is 25 miles ahead! Shaggy is right, they’re not refreshing quick enough though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scud
    Free Member

She’s only going to blinkin do it! That is a stunning ride and when you see her on vids taken by people spectating on FB she seems to somehow still be raising a smile. Crazy how a race of this length can come down to such a tight finish a perhaps a single wrong turn or puncture.

shaggy

I don’t want to say anything until it’s in the bag!

faustus

It’s not done until the bubble starts bouncing!

faustus

Dot finally updated – 4 miles to go!!

shaggy

4.2 miles to go!

shaggy

🙂

faustus

Watching live an facebook…quite exciting, except the lugubrious commentary!

shaggy

She’s only done it!

faustus

she’s there! superb!

faustus

She doesn’t even look that tired!

elliott-20
    Free Member

Amazing!

scud
    Free Member

That is pure class, i think she has pretty much taken 18 days dead on or thereabouts? Mike Halls time was 17 days 16 hours, so only 8 hours difference.

john_l
    Free Member

Incredible – love her!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What a finish 😯

I think it would be hard to establish a definitive record as there are so many variables weather wise along the route.
    We experienced headwinds that lasted a week which stunted our speeds to sub 10mph on the flats across Kansas. I recall a couple of days in Colorado and Wyoming where when we were giving it everything 7mph was all we could muster.

Huge respect to those that attempt and complete these races. Their mental fortitude is mesmerising.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Trans AM 2016 thread’ is closed to new replies.