Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tranfers from Paris CDG to centre of Paris
  • the-muffin-man

Just wondered what the is cheapest/best/quickest way to get from CDG to centre of Paris (near Tower).

Our hotel can arrange a direct transfer for €60 for 3 people. This didn’t seem too bad to me. But it’s been a long time since I’ve ventured out of the country!

crankboy
    Free Member

metro.

midlifecrashes

^^^

More specifically:
    RER B-line CDG-St Michel Notre Dame
    Switch platforms then C-line StMichel-Tour Eifel

jambalaya
    Free Member

I use the bus if not being picked up, €11 if booked in advance / paid online and you can print the ticket, picks up directly outside the terminal and can be dropped at Arc de Triomphe / Invalides etc. RER train/Metro is a pita to change if you have luggage and you need coins to buy the tickets from memory (I go regularly and have a metro carnet of 10 trips which lasts me more than a year).

I would guess Uber will be a lot cheaper than €60 and any cab (eg G7) shouldn’t be more than that and will take three people.

EDIT: just asked the wife (Parisean) uses a shared taxi service known as “the shuttle” which does multiple pickup which is around €18 per person so not much different than you hotel car option

yosemitepaul

Take the car option. It equals £14. each. Takes the hassle out of the train / metro and will take you from door to door.
    I used to use the metro, then was offered a car. I’d never go back.

jools182
    Free Member

I’d take the hotel transfer for that price

johnhe

The Metro is a total pain, especially with luggage. Taxi’s are expensive, and you have the added pleasure of the most grumpy taxi drivers I’ve ever encountered.

At €20 each, I’d say the hotel pickup is a no brainer IMO.

atlaz
    Free Member

For 2 or more or even for 1 with a lot of baggage, unless you’re cash strapped, get a taxi, preferably with G7 as the app works pretty well since the last update. That said, it’s going to be 50-60e depending where you’re staying exactly so maybe just get the hotel provided option.

EDIT: just asked the wife (Parisean)

Parisienne 🙄 Jesus, I’m going to set up a Google alert so I can keep reminding you. You’re getting closer though 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

My brother is a Parisean and he always the metro from Charles Le Gaul. But then again he usually flies EZJet from Gate’s Head so is a bit of cheapskate.

hels
    Free Member

Roissybus. All pretty easy to find at the terminal, and drops you right in the Opera district.

Although, getting back on it was confusing, I don’t understand how Europeans line up for public transport, if they even do, but then a bunch of Chinese tourists just mobbed the doors when the bus pulled up so I had to shove my way on. Then they all put their suitcases on the seats, so the driver had to come around and remove them. Not sure what that was all about !

globalti
    Free Member

RER is very dirty and a depressing way to get into Paris. Taxis expensive and rude. Bus Ok but drops you at an inconventient place and you need to struggle onto the Metro. So take the hotel bus.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@altaz 😀 not much I can say really other than “right you are” or <<t’as raison>>

the-muffin-man

Thanks all – I think we’ll take the hotels option.

We’ll be traveling into Paris around 9.30am on a Monday morning so I imagine the Metro will be pretty manic!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t share a taxi from the airport with any charming young men you’ve never met before……..unless your Dad has ” a particular set of skills”

br
    Free Member

We’ll be traveling into Paris around 9.30am on a Monday morning so I imagine the Metro will be pretty manic!

What, you think the roads will be any better? 😯

FWIW I spent many years travelling to Paris, always got picked up.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Save up, treat yourself and take a moto Taxi! Just clench and close your eyes…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tranfers from Paris CDG to centre of Paris’ is closed to new replies.