Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trance X3 – Opinions?
  • timothecimmerian

Looking at the Trance X3 on Wiggle for £850, and wondered what experiences anyone on here has had of the bike?

I’ve just got a bit of a bonus, so looking to spend it before the wife gets hold of it! The Pitch Pro’s all seem to be gone, and the 2008 Trek Ex7 I was looking at is also gone in my size (19-20″ frame).

It seems like a bargain, and it mainly does local XC hacks with trips out to places like the Quantocks, Cotswolds, Lakes etc etc. Nothing too gnarly, but I’m a biggish rider (6’2″, 14 and half stone)..

Cheers in advance..

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

there was a guy selling an ex8 08 on here recently for about that I think

I have just got the 2008 Trance X0 having come from 3 Specialized bikes (07 Stumpy Comp FSR, 07 Epic Expert & 08 Stumpy Expert FSR w.brain). 4 rides in, really love it, plusher, lighter, stiffer – the frame is awesome, cannot stop looking at it, the fluid formed tubes look great. (I picked it up for £1600 from £2400) new.

It is a more upright position but worth looking at for sure!

Sounds like a great deal.

shinsplints

I have an 08 Trance 3 that I picked up for a bargain tastic price.3 Rides in,today 30 miles of the Pont Scethin loop round Barmouth,I **** love it.As bigboy xc says,awesome frame & hardly any pedal bob from the maestro suspension.Mine has a fox float shock with no lockout but its fine,climbs well & descends like a demon.That said,went over the bars on mine today but that was me not the bike.Brilliant bike & ripe for future upgrades.Get one,you wont regret it.BTW I am 6ft 2 & 13 stone so v similar to you,I ride the large & with a shorter stem,is perfect.

timothecimmerian

Thanks both. It looks like I’ll be unleashing the credit card today then..!

collie
    Free Member

I’m pretty much the same height and weight as you and love my large X2. I tweaked it with a layback post and a shorter zero rise stem to get my ideal riding position.

timothecimmerian

Cheers – looks like I have all the ammo I need to make a purchase..Just got to decided what £50 of free extras I need now too!

collie
    Free Member

Hell of a bike for the money – enjoy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trance X3 – Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.