Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 245 total)
  • Trance, with a few mods to show what can be done.
  • deviant
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The state of your pond….

Also, front wheel valve/logo.

Delete your account.

deviant
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

wiggles
    Free Member

What do you want to change about it?

Dropper post looks like the most obvious thing you should get.

depending on what you want to do offset bushes are one of the cheapest ways to change your bike.

deviant
    Free Member

deviant
    Free Member

deviant
    Free Member

deviant
    Free Member

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’d change that saddle, if I rode that for an hour I’d need a skin graft on my ass!

deviant
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No dropper, no QR.

Interesting……

scotroutes

No Cougar, no Drac.

#fakenews

deviant
    Free Member

km79
    Free Member

Are you showing us mods you’ve done or asking about what mods you can do? I is confused.

lucky7500

Stealth ad? I’m confused…

Goldigger
    Free Member

God that was quick…you changed the saddle already 😀

PS. Clean your golf

deviant
    Free Member

Ok I should’ve put the text at the beginning but was having a nightmare with image hosting websites.

Trance is in SX mode meaning 160mm fork, rear shock has also been swapped out from the standard 200×51 to a longer stroke 200×57 giving around 156mm rear travel….standard is 140mm.
    Running 1x on a Sunrace 11-42…..XT brakes all round…..full X-fusion suspension all round.
    Carbon bars.
    Sub 100gm carbon saddle.
    Dropper post is upstairs and works fine but weighs a ton.
    More weight to drop with a carbon seat post on the way.
    Tyres are DHR 2.3 rear and High Roller 2.4 front, both Exo casing.
    Superstar Tactic and Tesla build, nice compromise between fashionably wide (and heavy) and still happily seat 2.5 tyres perfectly when needs must.
    Luggage scales had it at 26lbs in current guise…if I ditched the Nanos and fitted the plastic Nukeproof ones from my other bike I could probably save a few more pounds.

More than happy with that, I was expecting 32lb….the bike rode like a dream at Antur in the week.

wiggles
    Free Member

Sub 100gm carbon saddle.
    Dropper post is upstairs and works fine but weighs a ton.
    More weight to drop with a carbon seat post on the way.

im out

deviant
    Free Member

I mainly ride this bike on uplift days and Enduro racing, I don’t see the point in a dropper as I’m out of the saddle on the pedals the whole time…..trail riding on the other hand is a different matter and I fit the dropper then….or just take the HT.

I’d be washing my car daily living in rural west Wales!….it’ll get it’s sitting clean next month.

Goldigger
    Free Member

So is it for sale?

Did you struggle to get your dropper post upstairs?

deviant
    Free Member

Certainly not for sale, love it.

May play with some offset headset cups but that’s about it, as always I’m the limiting factor.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Noice.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

deviant – Member
    I mainly ride this bike on uplift days and Enduro racing, I don’t see the point in a dropper as I’m out of the saddle on the pedals the whole time…..trail riding on the other hand is a different matter and I fit the dropper then….or just take the HT.

That scottish pinner Joe Barns had a different line on droppers, if your pedalling hard stood up your wasting energy. I knid of agree seat up whenever possible unless it’s just the steep no pedally version of enduro 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I mainly ride this bike on uplift days and Enduro racing, I don’t see the point in a dropper as I’m out of the saddle on the pedals the whole time…..

Best let all those EWS boys know where they are going wrong. 🙂

26lbs? I imagine on a real set of scales it will be a bit of a letdown..

deviant
    Free Member

That’s my favorite kind of Enduro/DH, if I’m having to pedal too much then I’ve entered the wrong event.

To be fair the EWS competitors ride 20min+ stages…i don’t.

nairnster
    Free Member

Next mod would be new scales. I would be amazed if that weight anywhere near 26lbs

deviant
    Free Member

The scales are accurate, I was expecting around 30lb but it’s got carbon bars, a 1x drivetrain, reasonably light wheels, carbon saddle and full air X-Fusion suspension all round which is often lighter than the equivalent RS or Fox….probably the most important thing is how Giant make their alloy bikes nearly as l light as other’s carbon offerings.
    Will happily post a pic weighing the bike later…..we can do it with the luggage scales and we can do it with me on standard bathroom scales without the bike and then holding the bike and subtract the difference…..i do love science!

Also worth bearing in mind is it’s a trail bike I’ve effectively made slacker and more burly…if this was a Reign I was claiming 26lbs for then yes I’d expect to be laughed off the forum!

The thread was a handy helper for Trance owners who maybe think they need something ‘more’ (Reign) when in fact you can fit long forks, slacken out the HA and change the rear travel to almost 160mm with a few subtle cheap mods….hey presto you’ve just built the long travel trail bike you wanted, it still pedals well and descends like a demon to boot. Win/win.

tomhoward

More than happy with that, I was expecting 32lb

At least your expectations are broadly believable. My carbon 5010, with xx1 and carbon everything, weighs 26lbs. Admittedly my saddle weighs double yours though. My rigid sequoia gravel bike weighs 27lbs. My carbon nomad, xx1 and carbon everything again is 28lbs.

Must be those heavy saddles I use.

kayak23

Luggage scales had it at 26lbs in current guise…if I ditched the Nanos and fitted the plastic Nukeproof ones from my other bike I could probably save a few more pounds.

I think you mean grams maybe? 🙂

Nice bike. Light build for Stiniog!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

There’s some obtuse gits on here….

STW seems to go through narky phases when nobody can say or ask or share anything. Its like the blummin kids…

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Nice bike, OP, by the way!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I thought this thread was going to be all about Trance House music and wiminz in skimpy bikinis..

Tres dissatisfaction

[video]https://youtu.be/3Psvq0eJ_ew[/video]

deviant
    Free Member

Indeed, I wonder what the comments would’ve been like if it was a Santa Cruz, Bansheee, Transition etc….bike snobs everywhere!

Seriously though, next time you happen across a Giant pick it up, the (lack of) weight of their alloy bikes is almost unsettling….not their fault if the more boutique brands can’t get a carbon bike below 30lbs!

Like I said, pics of weighing bike later….got to get the car serviced this morning.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a TCX, it’s quite the best CXer out there.

And it’s light.

matt_outandabout

I’m still trying to work out if aphex_2k lives in a shipping container.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

.not their fault if the more boutique brands can’t get a carbon bike below 30lbs!

The bigger problem I find is people and their self builds – loads of people speccing DD casings etc. tougher wheels and all that as they “ride hard”…
    Boutique carbon sub 30lb with no real effort here though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nah that’s a west ozzie fence there, the snakes in the tree mean he won’t be going near the bike for a bit though

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m just puzzled how it weighs less than my anthem…
    I’ve even put more air in the shocks to make it lighter! 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Indeed, I wonder what the comments would’ve been like if it was a Santa Cruz, Bansheee, Transition etc….bike snobs everywhere!

Seriously though, next time you happen across a Giant pick it up, the (lack of) weight of their alloy bikes is almost unsettling….not their fault if the more boutique brands can’t get a carbon bike below 30lbs!

Similar, when its ‘questionable’ I should imagine.

Hell, my Fuel is only 26.5lbs & virtually everything is lighter on that.

My dropper post must weigh about 3kg apparently 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 245 total)

The topic ‘Trance, with a few mods to show what can be done.’ is closed to new replies.