Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trance frame weight
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a 2007 Trance frame weighs? I’m considering a new frame and want to work out the weight of the new setup but without stripping my current bike down I can’t find out the weight and therefore what the change might be.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

7.5 lbs without anything added to a 20″ frame so go figure your size but it was heavier a tad than 7.2 lbs previous year as your frame was stiffened up with more material a tad.

Still rides well with that rear end.

atlaz
    Free Member

I like the Trance but have probably my only upgrade chance for the next few years so I’m going to get something new. 7.5lbs including shock or excluding?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Frankenstein
    Free Member

With shock and depending on the shock -not much difference.

Bike builds to 29 lbs or 26 lbs buy spending loads on lighter gear and carbon parts – is it worth it? well if you’re keeping your frame for ages then sure but add that price to a new Trance on Pauls cycles etc.

Unless you have deep pockets, I’d upgrade when parts are worn or find bargains.

Match your needs – it has been said on the forum: light, cheap and strong etc.

atlaz
    Free Member

Probably explained poorly. I HAVE a trance and am planning to get a new frame and forks. Just have no idea what the weight increase is going to be and whether I can be bothered lugging the possible purchase up hills or not. Anyway, approx 7.5 lbs is a good rough estimate so thanks.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Are you going for a heavier frame?

Planning on some harder riding? DH a bit? then just make sure you have a granny ring or test ride a heavier Demo bike.

atlaz
    Free Member

Going for something with a bit more travel. New frame + DHX looks to be 3.5kg (7.8lbs) but I won’t be getting it with a DHX. All in including forks, if your weight is approximately right, swapping an old Trance + Pikes for Hectik + Talas is going to give me around 1/2lb of increased weight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trance frame weight’ is closed to new replies.