Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trampoline for kids
  • bruk

We have the eldest’s 6 th birthday coming up and have been looking at trampolines.

Do any of them come with levelling set ups as the garden is on a bit of a slope where we would put it?

Otherwise any recommendations on make etc. Would hope to get something that would last a while but be able to get replacement nets etc as they get damaged.

Looked at those spring free but £££££££!

tod456
    Free Member

Get a big one, I find, sorry I mean my boy finds it hard to a flip on 10foot one

thegreatape
    Free Member

TP toys are good. Often have offers on. We’re on a bit of a slope too, I just dug into the grass until it was level.

thorpedo

We got ours from Asda. It has tubular metal legs which I dug into the ground on one side to level it up

shuhockey
    Free Member

Second TP Toys. Got the Octagon one I think. We have the 10ft and wouldn’t want smaller. Also easy to get spare parts when it gets blown across the garden last winter! John Lewis do them and they had £100 quid off this time last year.

bruk

Thanks for replies. Was hoping to avoid too much digging as the ground is pretty solid after the first few cm!

Actually must go and measure the size of that bit of the garden first. Then choose the size, was hoping for a 12 footer.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Our is from Argos, seems half decent quality. It’s the most used outdoor toy we’ve bought for the kids – slides, swings, cars etc have all been discarded after a relatively short period, but they keep coming back to the trampoline.

I’ve not seen any with levelling features but you could easily knock up something a bit heath robinson with a U-bolt and a block of wood or two.

Sui
    Free Member

Having just done this for our 6 year old, there are many places to get them from, costing anywhere from £ to £££££££££££££££££££££££

We got ours from Atlantic Trampolines. I settled on this as quality of the kit is very good whilst still being £200.

Ours is a 14ft “Sunken” trampoline, though we opted to not go the full sunken route and just have sitting approx 6″ above the ground. This does mean digging a hole, which is no easy feat when it needs to be 12-13 feet wide by a meter deep.. Anyway, most websites have blogs of how to set them up

Look at AtlanticTrampolines, or CapitalPlay they both have blogs on there and videos.

djambo
    Free Member

They often go for <£10 on ebay if you can find one local pickup only…

I’d play the boring card and buy secondhamnd and stick the money if the tikes JISA!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I know of a TP one that must be about 10 years old and is still going strong. We bought a Plum one and whilst not as good as the TP one we’ve had our money’s worth out of it, my two are on it all the time.

johndoh
    Free Member

We got one via a HotUK Deals alert – a 10ft one for £70 when the 8ft was £180 and the 12ft £200+

And our garden is on a slope but we haven’t had any problems – I decided against making it level (which is what I *DID* do with a climbing frame) as we wanted to move it around the garden so the grass has time to recover.

Currently on at £150…. Bizarrely the 12ft one is £141….

globalti
    Free Member

My late sister bought a big trampoline for her teenage son who was in the British junior freestyle skiing team at that time and the teenage fun noise that resulted caused a serious upset with her neighbours.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trampoline for kids’ is closed to new replies.