Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tram Track Woes
  • paddy0091
    Free Member

The 4 years of living in Nottingham and managing to avoid the traps of the tram tracks came to an abrupt end today, resulting in me being on my arse in front of the Nottingham Public.

Hurty knee and hip but all OK, I thought being a reasonably proficient cyclist kept me immune to these things, obviously not 🙂

Anyone else come a cropper thanks to the uber slippy tram tracks?

MoreCashThanDash

Not yet – I only have to deal with them along University Boulevard, and the ever changing fun fest as they open/close/reroute the cycle path and pedestrian crossings while they build the thing.

Hope you heal fast

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve come a cropper a few times. The city where I live has a massive tram system. The worst injury was a broken foot after the back end of my bike slipped on icy tracks in snow and I ended up going backwards and getting my foot caught between the crank arm and the frame as fell on it.

paddy0091
    Free Member

cheers!

@ Roter, that sounds awful!

RoterStern
    Free Member

@ Roter, that sounds awful!

Wasn’t so bad. Worse was trashing a pair of Assos bib shorts after losing the front wheel on tram tracks while trying to avoid a **** of a taxi driver who cut me up last year.

ampthill

Richard Hammond demonstrated the perils brilliantly on last weeks top gear

I hope the Op recovers quickly. Nothing nice about hitting a road

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hit the ones on West street in Sheffield, one of those moments where the tracks go off one way and the road another and you know you have to cross them, you’re going too quick to slow down and there’s an oncoming car so you can’t cross them at a more perpendicular angle.

Andddddd………………..thud.

Runied a nice pair of jeans 🙁

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Fell off in Manchester last year, the new line out East is about the worst bit of road planning I’ve ever seen. If you miss the last second 90 degree cycletrack to oblivion, you’re forced to cross the track at 45 degrees. No chance.

unovolo
    Free Member

I have come a cropper on the ones in Manchester too, went cartwheeling past the side of the bus in Clayton.
    No major injuries but knackered bibshorts and a waterproof.

The police car following showed a lot of concern as they slowed down for all of 2 seconds had a bit of a look whilst I was licking my wounds on the pavement,then carried on there merry way.

I have never cycled that way since due to the terrible track layout which crosses back and forth across the road repeatedly, worst bit of planning and design ever.

teamslug
    Free Member

I own an industrial unit in a complex that used to make trains….everyday is a lottery.!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tram Track Woes’ is closed to new replies.