Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Trainspotting moment – what would you do?
  • treeman
    Free Member

A guy I’m friends with at Uni pulled a girl in a local (18+) nightclub at the weekend, after his done a bit of digging turns out said girl is not 18 and looks like she might actually be still doing GCSEs 😯 , although her facebook/instagram profile is pretty locked down so not 100% sure and could be 16/17. He confronted me with this problem yesterday and after much debating he decided to forget about it and just move on.

She just turned up at the door and I turned her away saying he’s not in knowing he wants to avoid this turning into anything more than what it was/is but he’s cacking himself about what will happen if she tells police/parents.

He’s a nice guy when sober but I haven’t got a huge amount of sympathy for him as he’s had his fair share of dodgy pulls on nights out in the 3 months I’ve known him, plus a he has a girlfriend back home which he apparently has an open relationship with (that’s another story altogether)

I’m curious to where he stands and what can happen if he says nothing, or whether hes best confronting her/telling the police?

I am of course expecting a few people to slam him , but based on looks alone she could easily be over 20, plus being in a nightclub should help his case, I know I would likely have fallen for her trick if I’d been in his shoes!

wiggles
    Free Member

If she is 16/17 then it isn’t that big a problem is it?

CountZero

16 is legal in the UK. It’s up to them to decide how things should work out, nobody else.
    You can also join the Army and learn how to kill people as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

treeman
    Free Member

Nope, 16/17 would be fine, although definitely makes you wonder about how many girls have fake id’s, but from Facebook there are a fair few pointers that suggest she’s not (majority of friends are 15, birthday wishes from friends last April- so if she’s final year gcse she’ll still be 15.)

I don’t think he’s ruled Army out, but he was looking at flights to countries without extradition to the UK earlier which is why I posted this!

Captain – I know, he is actually a member of this forum as far as I’m aware so he might post up if I can talk him off the ledge he’s on.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Choose life?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

plus a he has a girlfriend back home which he apparently has an open relationship with (that’s another story altogether)

Sooooooooooo, where’s back home then?
    #Giggity

Rubber_Buccaneer

Leg it out the door with a bag of cash?

ferrals
    Free Member

GCSEs is u16 though?

This actually happened to a friend of a friend. I can’t remember the exact details as was one of those conversations you listen to not knowing the people involved.. but, I think the bloke met and slept with a girl who was under 16 while being in an over 18 nightclub, her parents found out and it went to court. He definately was let off, I think it was found the nightclub was at fault, So if I remember correctly there is legal precedent if the worst comes to the worst. Not a nice situation to be in though!

PrinceJohn

He’ll be fine provided he played safe, he wore his hat yes?

tpbiker
    Free Member

i’d be stocking up on an industrial sized vat of lube, using ever widening butt plugs to ready my virginal ronson, and generally preparing for life on the ‘beast wing’

alternatvely the foriegn legion is his friend…

only kidding…he’ll (you’ll) be fine.

incidently ……i only recently found out that ‘nonce’ is an abbreviation of ‘not on normal courtyard exercise’

treeman
    Free Member

Back home for him is Scotland (hence the title) and his gf back home isn’t exactly going to win any beauty pageants, not that that’s an excuse…

Uni is in England so I’m not sure if that makes any difference, also pretty sure I managed to find her tumblr (my googlefu level surprised me) and that really suggests gcse as there’s a post talking about all the subjects she’s having to do. On the plus side the night clubs Facebook feed shows this girl and a few of her friends were at the club the night my mate pulled her, so that should help his case.

He claims to have used a “hat” but I hope he isn’t that stupid not to, although from the conversation I’ve just had with him it seems that he’s also failing his course and owes a fair amount of money to a slightly unsavoury character back home.

With his request (or to put it better, begging) I’ve just sent her a friend request to see if I can talk to her to sort this out, which may turn out to be a mistake. Never did I imagine I would be the sane shoulder to cry on with my past!

kilo

If she’s under sixteen and it were to go to the law it comes down to if he can demonstrate that he had a reasonable belief the girl was over 16 (as per Ferals anecdote):

Sexual activity with a child

(1)A person aged 18 or over (A) commits an offence if—
    (a)he intentionally touches another person (B),
    (b)the touching is sexual, and
    (c)either—
    (i)B is under 16 and A does not reasonably believe that B is 16 or over….

If he is an evil sex pervert and he’s down south post up here and I’ll get someone to go and knick him for Christmas 😉

Stealth edit your facebook plan sounds like an exceptionally, exceptionally stupid idea.

project
    Free Member

Disapointed no trainspotting just adult sexual problems.

martinhutch

I’d probably try to clean up as best I could then leave for home – not go down for brekkie.

Oh.

I’m not sure he could be reasonably expected to think she was sub-16 at that moment in time, but I’m not sure you sending her a friend request is going to help much…

anagallis_arvensis

I thougjt this was going to be a thread about the time I shit the bed, glad it isnt dont want folks knowing about that!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

When i clicked on this I had visions it was going to be about waking up at your girlfriends parents having s**t the bed or unknowingly leaving a club with a ladyboy 😆

Cougar

You’ve known him three months, that’s not a friend it’s an acquaintance. Fail to see why it’s your problem.

Is she pressing charges? Is she likely to? If not, who would ever know?

If she’s under sixteen and it were to go to the law it comes down to if he can demonstrate that he had a reasonable belief the girl was over 16 (as per Ferals anecdote):

Girls can look way older than the are with a bit of slap. In an 18+ nightclub I’d have thought that’s a fair assumption?

Cougar

An anecdotal aside:

Years ago, a mate of mine got busted by his parents whilst in bed with a girl. He hadn’t “done the deed” but was working on it.

They kicked her out then told him, a) she’s 15 and b) she’s your cousin.

qwerty
    Free Member

Do NOT offer to do his laundry.

grahamt1980

Cougar – 😯

treeman
    Free Member

OK, so stupid Facebook plan has paid off, she is 17! She accepted my request and opened the conversation with a huge apology for just turning up in a school uniform (realising how it might look) and wanting to tell my mate that he’s free to ignore her but she wanted to meet up if he’s up for it. The 15 year old friends at the top of the friend list seem to be an anomaly and further down there are a fair few older friends. Quizzing her, the tumblr post about doing loads of subjects is from March when she was doing 5 AS levels (4 is normal from memory)

Laughing so hard at some of the replies, you’ve made our night.

Mate is super relieved, to the point he’s actually thinking about inviting her around and has added her on Facebook. 🙄 After reading this post he’s also dumped Gemma his gf back home as in his words she’s not exactly worth going home for 😯

And yes acquaintance is more accurate, although he’s the nicest guy in the block I live in so we’ve kind of just ended up eating together at dinner time. The joys of randomly assigned accommodation.

EDIT: I should add that the reason she got in the club is that it’s a restaurant by trade in the daytime and apparently the girls webr there for an 18th birthday meal for a friend and didn’t leave at 11 when it becomes bouncer/id to enter. Seems a pretty major flaw to the security if you ask me.

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m getting a sense that either:
    The OP is shitting himself because he’s become aware that his one night stand was with a 15 year old girl purporting to be at least 18 and he may or may not have used a condom and/or he thinks she may start to blackmail him.

Or:
    Both being young, dumb and full of cum, his friend is getting laid lots and the OP isn’t and he fancies the prospect of a known probable shag.

Perhaps I’m being too cynical and unkind?

EDIT: Apologies seemingly in order OP 🙂 Perhaps you could suggest a ménage a trois? 😉

dannybgoode

All these posts in and no one has asked the vital question to help us determine the correct answer.

Is she fit?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

She got in the club?

No hat, then?

seosamh77
    Free Member

kilo – Member

Stealth edit your facebook plan sounds like an exceptionally, exceptionally stupid idea.yip. not something you want to be getting involved in, this is the mates problem.

treeman
    Free Member

Yes she is incredibly fit also turns out she’s looking to go to Cambridge uni so is pretty bright. As I said earlier I know I’d have taken her home if I’d been in the same scenario, although from a minor Facebook stalk her best friend is more my type and is also a MTBer!

In hindsight the Facebook plan was stupid but luckily it has paid off and solved the problem, she’s now sat in our kitchen talking to my mate so who knows what’s going to happen (she’s also got a provisional driving licence which is either real or a very very good pointless fake showing she’s 17)

As for it being my mates problem, I hope he’d have helped me if I’d been panicking as much as he was, but then again I hitchhiked 400 miles using 8 cars last month so maybe I have to much faith in others.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

her best friend is more my type and is also a MTBer

TTIWWP.

thegreatape
    Free Member

This scenario has got trouble written all over it.

Thread bookmarked for future entertainment value.

seosamh77
    Free Member

treeman – Member
    As for it being my mates problem, I hope he’d have helped me if I’d been panicking as much as he was, but then again I hitchhiked 400 miles using 8 cars last month so maybe I have to much faith in others.

I’ve got many mates that are mad shaggers, would I **** get involved in any of their affairs for whatever. The added dodginess in your OP would make me run a mile!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Original post. Go to the police, are you having a laugh ? Excuse me officer I shagged a girl at a club and although she said she was 18 she might be 16 and well I am bit worried about that.

Latest update. See. He’s at Uni and she’s a fit 17yo. He will face far bigger crises in his life going forward.

oliverracing

This thread reminds me of when I was a fresher at uni and out with some guys from my hall, we were talking to some girls outside a club (we’d all met inside and felt I was in for fun night at the time), bouncer walks over and grabs 2 of the girls by the scruff of the neck and takes them off down the road to a police car, the rest dissappeared off the other direction, small scuffle as the policeman gets out and the girls do a runner, he came back a few minutes later saying that they were well known and were 14 and 15, it hadn’t even occurred to me that there’d be a chance of someone that young getting in to a club. I really felt like shit for the next few weeks and my over cautiousness even got me a slap and quiet night a few years later when asking to see a girls I’d taken home as I got cold feet when she talked about going to mine as she lived at home. In hindsight and having watched trainspotting it was almost definitely the best decision!

treeman
    Free Member

So only fair I give an update, seems they are going on a date tomorrow, he’s also dropped me in it with the comment about her mate. I’m now being set up to go MTBing together as apparently she normally goes out alone, I’m going home in the morning so this is going to have to wait until after new year, although it’s only a short drive to get back here so will see what happens, we are now friends on Facebook…

Soon to be a “what’s the best trail for a first date” thread

So seems what was a sh*ty situation has now turned into a win win for both of us, I also feel like I have done the right thing and it seems the only law that’s being broken is a bit of underage drinking!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

This thread is epic.

In a Jeremy Kyle kind of way.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the thread about whether you should be wearing a hat on your first mtb date…

TJ to the thread please..

jambalaya
    Free Member

This thread is epic.

In a Jeremy Kyle kind of way.

British Indie movie sort of way, just like Trainspotting

best trail for first date

The one that passes a pub quite near her house. Spend some time leading the ride (reinforce stereotypes) but some time following so you get a decent visual analysis. Take condoms on ride for the fantasy first date kiss in the woods. Boys will be boys

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

What project said earlier, I opened the thread thinking the OP had seen a Deltic or something. Very dissapointing.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the thread about whether you should be wearing a hat on your first mtb date…

Or what lube for a first mtb date 😆

tpbiker
    Free Member

best trail for first date

I’d personally avoid the muddy back route on a first date…

Northwind

I remember at uni, a mate pulled a suspiciously young looking girl at the local rock club. They actually ended up going out together for the long run, might even still be together for all I know but it gave us the memorable line “She’s definitely 16” long pause “more or less”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Trainspotting moment – what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.