Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Training question.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Anyone use these:

elastic band thingies.
    http://www.decathlon.es/ES/kit-fb-300-8208897/.
    Are they any good? What are the benefits?
    I have some shoulder pain and think that these might be a good idea, over say, doing pressups.

Thanks

iDave
    Free Member

they're just another way of providing resistance for muscles to overcome. neither good nor bad, just different. if you have shoulder pain, do you know how to use the bands to help?

kevonakona
    Free Member

used them during physio on my knee to provide resistance for building strength. THey worked for specific muscles/areas but through strange excercises dfevised by the physio.
    Can't say i'd use them to do my own self devised physio regime.

tron
    Free Member

To replace press ups, you want to do something like a dumbbell press or bench press.

Think about the actual movements you can do with those bands – you can't really replicate a press up.

iDave
    Free Member

you can't really replicate a press up

yes you can

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Very good for physio work and can be handy as a "gym in a bag" for staying away – make sure you use high resistance though and Theraband make the best.

Pretty much fixed a very dodgy shoulder with one of these.

Use a bit of creativity and you can use them for biceps curl, shoulder raises, seated rows and many more exercises using a chair and/or a stury door handle to hang it from.

You can actually wrap one around your shoulders and hook them between your thumbs for a then assume press up posisiton for VERY variation. It's hard to get it right thought – best elevate your legs for a more intense press up (if needed).

donsimon
    Free Member

Thanks, I might give them a go.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Don – sorry about my last post – I edited it and now it makes no sense! I think you get the general idea though!

Philby

Used after getting tendonitis, but only with exercises suggested by the physio.

brassneck

Torq training also used to do them, and supplied a handy list of exercises. Support your STW contributors 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

They look nice to eat.

llama

My daugher uses these in land training for swimming. One of the things they use them for is shoulder rotation.

donsimon
    Free Member

llama – Member

My daughter uses these in land training for swimming. One of the things they use them for is shoulder rotation.

That's how I thought they would be the most useful, thanks.

MoreCashThanDash

A mate has some and does a short workout he found on t'interweb a few times a week – he's happy with them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Training question.’ is closed to new replies.