Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Training plan recommendations?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m looking for a 12 week plan, as we’re off to Spain biking for a week in April, and I want to be in good order. ‘Just ride the bike’ doesn’t work for me, I need some targets and discipline!.

Cheers.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

You might get some useful ideas/timescales etc from here: http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/training/training.php

Think its based around a 17 week training programme before an endurance type event but you could knock the base training stage off or whatever to make it fit 12 weeks.

If you want to train for something other than cycling or to change your body shape you might need to consider weights/resistance trainingand/or more detailed plans.

Loads of stuff you can do but it needs to stimulte and engage you in order to keep at it.

hh45
    Free Member

Assuming you can’t cycle to work then I suggest you enter some local races. The thought of getting your ar$e whipped might shake you out of your lethargy and the races themselves will help alot. If you are in the south east you have got a huge choice between now and April – Thetfords, Gorricks, Salisbury Plain Winter Challenge etc. There are then all the non competitive events such as Evans rides and Southern Trail Rides that because they are organised tend to force you into actually doing something as opposed to thinking about it. If you live up north i can’t help you!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Training plan recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.