Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Training (or lack of) for Dyfi.
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

It’s occurred to me that I’m nowhere near the fitness I need to be to be taking part in the Dyfi in under a months time,

Will it be Okay if I take all day to complete the event?!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its not a race… just go to have fun

chrisdw
    Free Member

I did it last year on zero training. I did go out on a couple of rides thinking they were training, but it was cold and wet so gave up. They turned from training, to just a couple of short rides.

I managed it in 5 hrs 10mins on a hardtail with 50psi in the tyres. Pretty sure it would have paid to put on softer, bigger tyres as the descents were often steeper and looser than i expected.

Reverb would have helped too…

I was also far from the end of the pack. So im sure you’ll be reet. It was certainly great fun if painful at times!

gazc
    Free Member

na you’ll be alright. we’ll be tagging along at the back taking in the scenery and recovering from whisky induced hangovers so say hello 🙂

jonjones262
    Free Member

quality course.

Saying that, hope you like fireroad climbs. 🙂

is the world cup descent still in it? that bit was ace!

Olly
    Free Member

Come round with me. I tend to be in “at the back” club. Its not even a race for the rugger club showers anymore as the sports centre will be open till 5ish. Its an event not a race. If you can do the distance its fine.

shifter
    Free Member

I’m planning to start training on the day.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Excellent reassurance, I’ll see you at the back. 😀

orena45

I’ll probably be near the back (as usual) too. Looking at my Strava history, I’ve only done 2x 20+ mile rides this year…and one of them was an ‘easy cx’ ride 😕

frogstomp

I’m out of action with a broken arm for 6 weeks which pretty much takes me right up to Dyfi.. turbo trainer for the next week or two progressing back on to the road bike and hopefully time to get back on the MTB beforehand…

I think I’m more concerned with whether the arm will hold up to the long descents at the moment!

Olly
    Free Member

Don’t give us that rubbish Andy. You still commute a thousand miles each way everyday?

orena45

Hmmm, yeah you’re right Olly. 4.5 miles is a lot. I’ll be alright. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Training (or lack of) for Dyfi.’ is closed to new replies.