Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Training & improvements, how soon.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve completed two weeks of the time crunched cyclist programe, and although it’s only been that short a time I can see real improvements.
    On my climbs I’m consistantly 3mph faster. If you are familiar with map my ride they are Cat 4’s. And my HR is down 7bpm on the flat for the same speed and cadence.
    Is that too soon to see those sort of improvements?

iDave
    Free Member

Is that too soon to see those sort of improvements?

Is that a trick question?

lazybike
    Free Member

sounds like you had a tail wind.. 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Is that a trick question?

Don’t be horrid.
    I have lost weight in those two weeks as well, not that I’ve checked properly, but when I’m sexing myself up in front of the mirror it looks like I have 8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Think I’ve read that it takes 6 weeks.

HAven’t you been racing long enough to know?

iDave
    Free Member

If you’ve seen improvements how can it be too soon to see improvements?

That’s what I was getting at. Lost weight, improved blood chemistry and increased plasma volume may be helping and all can happen pretty quickly.

oldgit
    Free Member

HAven’t you been racing long enough to know?

I have 37 years, but I’ve never ever followed a proper training programe. Just rode, ate and bullied my way through. But in the last few years I’ve noticed a sudden decline, hence the reason for the programe to get as much out of my aging body as possible.

iDave, ahh thought you meant it was too soon.

Slight problem though, it seems my back can’t keep up with my legs. I was doing a peak and fade session and something went ping in my back when I stepped on the gas. 😳

lazybike
    Free Member

thats the thing with training when your a vet…does more harm than good, all my trainings centred around the cafe stop!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Training & improvements, how soon.’ is closed to new replies.