Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • TrainerRoad: Do you follow the profile?
  • Haze

I think it can but you’d see much smaller changes over a much longer period.

It actually increased by 1, so yeah I’d class that as much smaller!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve gone from very fit to rather unfit back to fit and mine didn’t really change. You may notice that it takes longer to get there though the fitter you get.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

[/quote]I thought LTHR could be trained/improved, just a little surprised to see it hadn’t changed after some good improvements this year…

I’m surprised that it changes much at all. My expectation was that the LTHR would stay the same but that I’d be a little quicker/stronger for the the same heart rate. Effectively getting more efficient.

Haze

I’m surprised that it changes much at all. My expectation was that the LTHR would stay the same but that I’d be a little quicker/stronger for the the same heart rate. Effectively getting more efficient.

I guess I was expecting I could hold a higher effort over the 20 minutes than when I first tested earlier in the year, therefore ending up with a higher average.

But certainly not as much as FTP increase.

If anything it says I can put more out now for same effort, or as you say I should be more efficient.

I feel a graph coming on…

mrblobby
    Free Member

There use to be nice graphs of your peak powers for various intervals charted over time on TrainerRoad but they seem to have replaced that with a different “Personal Records” one that doesn’t show the progression. Shame.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There use to be nice graphs of your peak powers for various intervals charted over time on TrainerRoad but they seem to have replaced that with a different “Personal Records” one that doesn’t show the progression. Shame.

Glad I’m not the only person that thought the old way was better.

The only thing I can see that’s good about the new chart is it’s easy to see the intervals that you’ve been neglecting as they deviate from the smoothness of the curve. It’s a better picture of the here and now but tells you nothing about progress which is a shame as it’s the progress that fuels the motivation.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘TrainerRoad: Do you follow the profile?’ is closed to new replies.