Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trainer road plans
  • jim25

So I’m all set up and working on my laptop with the trainer road app.

Any suggestions as what plan to follow then, Theres sooooo many but look obviously geared towards roadies, looking to improve overall fitness for some enduro racing this year and to be proper bike fit for a long 2 week alps riding trip later in the year.

rsvktm

All depends where your starting from fitness wise and what sort of time you want to commit etc. have a read up on the progression ie base, build then speciality. Makes sense when you read a bit more.
    For example I’ve only recently started using a turbo but already got a pretty solid base and my first xc mtb race of the year is in March, so I’ve skipped the base and build and gone straight into the MTB plan as that ties in time wise with start of my season.
    Good luck whatever you do, it hurts 🙂

jim25

Cheers, will have a read. I’m abit clueless with this and don’t want to just get on and aimlessly peddle!

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunnng! Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunn...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’m currently doing general build – low volume, but have my road bike set up for the turbo even though I tend to ride my mtb more. I do find training miles on the road bike are good for the mtb anyway, so doing a roadie plan on the turbo won’t hurt.

jim25

Did you start off working through a base plan and then on to the general?
    I regard myself as resonably fit anyway at the moment, guess it’s prob best to start off on one of the base plans, then build, then specify on what of the off road plans

rsvktm

Wouldn’t overthink it, work out timings based on when you want to just ride normally and leave the turbo, unless planning to use year round, then pick a succession of plans. I’m really impressed with the mtb one as an indication of being specific.
    Think what your weaknesses are and pick a plan to improve them. Have a go at one of the FTP tests to get an indication of current power levels and go from there. There is a lot of help on the site itself with proper advice and direction.

jim25

So my FTP is set at 200 at the moment, but how do I change it? I can see that I can toggle it up and down, but how do I actually test what it is then? I thought it would give me a starter ride/test and then tell me what level I am

jam-bo

Do one of the FTP tests.

redhairjon
    Free Member

Yep, do the 20min power test (takes an hour) and then follow a plan. Doesn’t matter too much what you do, as long as you stick to it.

trevorderuise
    Free Member

Check out this video in regards to your first ride and FTP test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RvmTYEhYWs

We’ve recently launched a new plan structure and have a ton of new plans coming out in the coming weeks. You can check it out more HERE but the general idea is to follow a Base > Build > Specialty model with your training. Depending on how much time you have until you start racing, getting started with Sweet Spot Base and then moving on to a Build plan would be ideal. We’ll have some really good mtb Specialty plans coming along later this winter which will be perfect for enduro racing.

-Trevor from TrainerRoad

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trainer road plans’ is closed to new replies.