Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trainer road and virtual power
  • teamslug
    Free Member

Evening. Thinking of signing up for trainer road. Got a tacx flow turbo and am wondering how people have found the virtual power feature on trainer road. Not particularly bothered about comparing my watts against others but need an accurate comparison ,as hopefully ,my fitness improves. The tacx has a digital display showing power but its just a standalone feature I think. Any thoughts and experiences of trainer road gratefully received. Cheers

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Double thumbs up from me.

The number is somewhat meaningless but if you keep things like tyre pressures consistent then it’s very useful.

See here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trainerroad-stw-approved-sessions

stevious

Thumbs up from me too – can’t imagine using a turbo without having something to aim for. If you change your setup in any way it’s worth doing an FTP to recalibrate the system .

Haze

What the chef said, keep your set up consistent and it seems pretty reliable.

beaconjon
    Free Member

As above. The number shouldn’t be viewed as accurate in terms of power but more of a figure to work with. My virtual power is a good 12-15% off what I’m actually producing but

Keep everything constant and re-test your FTP ever 5-6 weeks to account for improvements.

Can recommend the 40k TT prog.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trainer road and virtual power’ is closed to new replies.