Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Train Fare Increases – anyone beat a 122% rise?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I sometimes get the cross country service from edinburgh waverley to glasgow central. This was until a few days ago £2.70 for a single, now it is a whopping £6. Unless my maths is completely crap that’s a 122% rise. Can anyone beat that?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

£2.70 sounds like a steal! £6 sounds more like most fares in scotland. no?

Admiralable
    Free Member

My weekly pass has gone up by £6 per week. From £18.30 to £24.90. It used to be cheaper to buy from Bridgend to Cardiff than Rhoose to Cardiff now its 10p cheaper to go from Rhoose but I can still use train to get to and from Bridgend.

Stoner
    Free Member

theres nowhere else in the UK youll get a 50mile trip ticket for £2.70

are you sure that’s right?

RealMan
    Free Member

Did you just turn 16?

noteeth
    Free Member

If there’s no corresponding improvement in infrastructure and carriage numbers, then there’ll be murdaaah the British public will sigh disapprovingly.

BoardinBob

edit

CaptJon
    Free Member

Newcastle to Durham (single) – 12 minute journey to cover 15 miles: £5.60

£6 sounds like a steal, and £2.70 is incredible value.

uluru
    Free Member

6 pound still seems cheap – nottingham to birmingham at it’s cheapest is 10 quid for a single and that’s during off-peak times.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s first class ticket too. Valid on one service at 7:30 in the morning and one back at 8pm. I know that it was a steal, but 122% increase is a deal breaker. Now have to sit with the commoners on the express train and pay £13:20 for the privilege.

legend
    Free Member

Would this journey be on GNER by any chance? I always wondered if they would try and start discouraging folk from using it

geoffj

Would this journey be on GNER by any chance?

Unlikely seeing as GNER hasn’t operated trains for a couple of years. 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

CrossCountry trains.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Train Fare Increases – anyone beat a 122% rise?’ is closed to new replies.