Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Train Driver !
  • mountainman

A mate asked me if i fancied doing some voluntary train driving for local railway.

Great fun was had yesterday ,after bit of training n health n safety stuff.

Local Greenway runs alongside the line ,watching the bird life on the river too and seeing fairys in the woods all good fun .

Whats not to like on a summers day in the country.

Any body else do anything similar ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m mad keen for a day course driving a steam train on our local heritage railway for a birthday present but my wife says it’d be too nerdy 🙁

spawnofyorkshire

I’m mad keen for a day course driving a steam train on our local heritage railway for a birthday present but my wife says it’d be too nerdy

Do it anyway. It’s nerdy but great fun

My uncle is a steam train geek of the highest magnitude so i got to be around steam trains throughout my childhood. Sometimes it’s emabarssing now but also i still get that nerdy enjoyment i had when i was a kid of getting up close to some awesome engineering

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

I’m mad keen for a day course driving a steam train on our local heritage railway for a birthday present but my wife says it’d be too nerdy

You allow your wife to decide for you what you’re allowed to like and enjoy in your spare time? I guess you let her decide what you read, listen to and wear as well?
    I would respectfully suggest that you start making a few decisions for yourself, and not let others decide what it is you’re allowed to enjoy, otherwise resentment is likely to be the final outcome.
    Should any future S/O tell me that some activity or other that I’m interested in and want to have a go at is ‘too nerdy’, the response would be “So? Nobody’s twisting your arm to join in!”
    For Christ’s sake do it! Have a whale of a time doing something that you’ll be able to look back on with a big shit-eating grin on your face.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Train Driver !’ is closed to new replies.