Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Trailside repairs for dropper seatposts – anyone any creative solutions?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

My joplin hissed and lost pressure today (from the head). Cleaned and lubed and it seems fine. I am riding on saturday (as well as other days this week). I am pre-empting it breaking and not returing to full height.
    Any solutions to keep it up (ooh err) on the trail? I thought about cautting a shim i have in half (length ways) to fit over the gold shaft and cable tieing it in place.

Any other ideas??

Trimix
    Free Member

Nope, but you could send it off for repair and use a normal post to avoid the problem.

I tried riding without a saddle once – very difficult.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jubilee clip around the shaft to prevent it dropping?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

TJ that would damage the shaft though. I will be sending it off but have no cash for a replacement in the mean time

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s post of the week so far…

*fnar*

ilovemygears
    Free Member

try shouting at in in a very loud vice, “work you **** over priced lump of badly made shit” several times 🙂

bruneep

Opens the door to so many innuendo comments..

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ffs its a seatpost not a cock!!

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

joplin you say – that will be the problem there. bin and buy one that works?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m sorry cruzheckler, but it really was too good an opportunity to waste.

As for the practical side of things, it sounds like a wonky air seal in there somewhere which won’t be fixed as part of a clean and lube service. Your best bet is either to see if you can get a service kit, or to send it to the distributer.

richc
    Free Member

What about riding with a spare seatpost? got to be cheaper than knackering your Joplin even more.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How much of a mess do you think a jubilee clip would make of the stanchion when the full weight of the rider slams it down into the post? Try it on your own suspension fork if you’re having difficulty visualising the results…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pjm – i think its the seal around the acuation pin (happened before) that cannot be accessed bymere mortals

rob-jackson
    Free Member

seems ok after 3hrs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Trailside repairs for dropper seatposts – anyone any creative solutions?’ is closed to new replies.