Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Trailside repair req – held from STW paramedics please
  • petrieboy

I’ve taken a chunk out of my finger. Pretty deep but hasn’t gone through all the skin. Certainly not serious enough to bother the professionals but uncomfortable none the less.
    I’ve put antiseptic cream on with a wee bit wound dressing and a finger bandage on top.
    We are camping now and for the next 3 nights so I’m going to have to be careful to keep it clean.

So, firstly how often should I be changing the dressing? Or should I try to leave it undisturbed where possible?? And secondly is there anything else I can do to aid a swift repair??

Ambrose

Suck it clean. Change dressing daily.

ton

mrs ton gets bigger cuts shaving her legs……….. 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’ve got to agree with ton. As long as it’s clean O wouldn’t worry.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would leave it undisturbed while camping. Change it if it bleeds thru or gets itchy or smelly.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That is hardly even a mere flesh wound. Maneth Upeth.

yunki
    Free Member

when I was about… 13, I cut my finger a little worse than you have there.. halfway through the fingernail too IIRC.. on a rusty corned beef can.. it was at the start of a week long bivi/fishing trip.. I cleaned and dressed the wound using the stinking old beer towel that I kept in the bottom of my kit for wiping my hands free of fish slime after a catch..

no harm done

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Thats just a wee nick ya big girls blouse…

spooky_b329

Personally I would only put a dressing on it when its likely to get bashed and leave it uncovered at night, arm outside sleeping bag.

At work if I cut/mash a finger, I put a wrap of insulation tape around it so I can finish what I’m doing without getting blood on everything, then back to the van, clean with an antiseptic wipe, if it is still bleeding I stick a plaster on it but it comes off within an hour or two so it can start to dry out.

Ambrose

OK- somebody else has said it- man up a bit. Take a look at this…

HMMOG

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

A Dr writes…

get someone to kiss it better…

Thats tiny!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hoogerland the **** up !

Harry_the_Spider

Rule 5 you big Susan.

sturmey
    Free Member

Rub some salt in to it just makes sure it is clean.

meehaja
    Free Member

My opinion beats all as I’m actually a paramedic!

MTFU.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Trailside repair req – held from STW paramedics please’ is closed to new replies.