Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Trails too dry?
  • Kahurangi

Looks nice 🙂

You may have won with the riding this week but my season pass to the ski fields arrived today 😀

banks
    Free Member

@onzadog dry as mate, there’s always gonna be running water on cut gate & cavedale just wish I had the legs to ride 12hrs a day everyday

DanW
    Free Member

The only bad thing about Summer is overgrown cheeky singletrack 😀

chunkypaul
    Free Member

eddie11
    Free Member

The trails were a teeeeny bit too dry last night in that a shooting access road up on the moor has gone from Regular gravel track to sandy mini beach with little windblown dunes. 😯 It was too draggy. I needed a fat bike. 🙂 Oh and dry ground makes you go too fast and crash. But otherwise it’s lovely. Why do I have to come to work…

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW DRY IT IS!

training for 100-miler road event in two weeks, so the MTB’s been mothballed.

i won’t enter a sportive again. too much staring at tarmac…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Target acquired, cleared for launch… well done!

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Funnily enough, as we were moaning about the dessicated state of the trails last night, a live firing exercise was whoomping away over at Otterburn. We could see the flares going up as Mr Bandito fixed his second pinch flat of the evening. Fortunately the big guns weren’t aimed at us…

dazh

Dare I say it, but Mayhem is next weekend, so this dry spell isn’t going to last for much longer.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Well, I got up the axles in mud on tuesday night, so not all dry and dusty. 🙄

mrelectric

No mention of taking mudguards off though. The OP was nicely TIC but jinxing it like that is way too serious!

D0NK

training for 100-miler road event in two weeks, so the MTB’s been mothballed.

eh? MTB riding is still training, you just need to make sure you ride a LOT, win win.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

training for 100-miler road event in two weeks, so the MTB’s been mothballed

I’m training for a 950 mile road ride, but am still out on the mtb while the going is good. Tarmac can wait…

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

I’m training for a 950 mile road ride

well that slashed on my bonfire didn’t it 😀

can’t resist, going to go out tomorrow evening for some Dartmoor loveliness…

danielgroves
    Free Member

can’t resist, going to go out tomorrow evening for some Dartmoor loveliness…

I can see Dartmoor from my office window, I just can’t get to them until Saturday 🙁

I’m craving the trails!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Has the OP not been banned yet?!

sangobegger
    Free Member

Rode Torridon a couple of weeks ago on a hardtail, bone dry and very quick trails. Downside was my new shimano brakes are now super sharp, so might have to back to Hopes to get used to that crappy am I gonna stop feeling. Other disadvantages are that I have to spend more time with the wife and less time cleaning the bike, look further ahead when riding local trails, start wearing body armour again and worst of all, I have to go out more.
    Its just all so depressing

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Has the OP not been banned yet?!

Not yet.
    And hopefully not at all. 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

The normally buff and fast singletrack is now a sandpit…………and terrible to control on the descents.

learn how to control the bike?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I rode on the Quantocks last night, very dusty and I didn’t have to clean the bike when I got home, it felt like I was cheating. It was quite foggy up there at 7 this morning, which damped the dust down for an hour or so.

tang
    Free Member

I’m out every night like an addict..twitching all day long, family jobs done out the door like a rocket!

amodicumofgnar

Too dry, no not at all. Moved area last year after a long time riding in the Peak. It’s been slopnfester to the point I thought I’d take up road riding, now its all dry fast and blue bells.

hambl90
    Free Member

Trails here in South Wales are superb, dusty and very fast 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Trails too dry?’ is closed to new replies.