Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trails or uplift in suffolk ?
  • scuff321
    Free Member

I’m going to be working at sizewell b in suffolk for 3 months just wondering if there’s any decent trails or uplift centres or any good riding the locals know of

jekkyl

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You can session this all day long!

Uplift only runs at weekends, and gets booked up early.

johnnystorm

Assuming charming naivety rather than trolling….

Tunstall Forest, Rendlesham Forest and Dunwich Forest are all good places to have a nose about on your bike. Tunstall has a waymarked Viking Trail. Get in touch with Trog. Johnny English is in charge of maintaining the trails and he works at Sizewell iirc. There used to be a Sunday meet up at the Sandgall carpark at 9.00 am for a group ride around Tunstall. There’s a decent dirt jump area at the Sudbourne end if that’s your thing. There’s a nice enough network of trails between Woodbridge and Lowestoft for longer days out. Thetford Forest is about 50 miles away.

swdan
    Free Member

As above, they’ll be some nice places to pootle but very little in the way or climbing or descending. As someone who grew up there I can vouch that it’s pretty flat

thetallman
    Free Member

Hmm… you guys are just keeping all the good stuff secret 🙂

mt
    Free Member

to early for this

flashes
    Free Member

I stayed on holiday at Leiston and Thorpness both time I had an hour plus (before partner wakes up) route. Hit the beach trail at Leiston, (lanes from Thorpness)up to the Dunwich coastguard cottages, on to the heath as far as the caravan park, in land, then through the woods, turn left on to the heath, across the road carry on the heath then down the HILL to the woods on to the road, past the pub in Yoxford, 200 yards turn left down the lane, follow that to the end, then road to the right turn for Leiston but turn down the lane on the left, across the moor and you come out by Vulcan Arms………I used a fixed gear 29er but it’s not technical, but a lovely ride…..

Sandwich

Lots of ripples in Suffolk, the amount of climbing in a 50 mile ride can be surprising for such a ‘flat’ county. (My best is 750m of up in the Woodbridge area). ‘Proper’ hills are available on the Essex border.

scuff321
    Free Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trails or uplift in suffolk ?’ is closed to new replies.