Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trails or Jumps around Newport (South Wales)
  • bright
    Free Member

Just moved to the area, I know about Machen mast, rudry and Cwmcarn but am looking for something more local to the city centre to play about on. Google has mentioned Allt Yr Yn woods (had a wander and couldn’t find anything) and St Julian’s woods but I don’t know where they are? Anyone care to share some local knowledge?

Nice one

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

None worth riding

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

There’s enough over machen to keep you going for a while, many routes

wiggles
    Free Member

As above you need to head out kd Newport to get to anywhere worth riding. Van road in caerphilly for jumps.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Not a lot in St J woods (unless I’ve missed something) – just a few mounds beneath the motorway bridge – plenty of off-camber muddy trails though. I’m guessing the Allt-yr-yn reference is Jews woods (Coed Melyn park) – fun little bomb hole/ditch with a few little launch jumps.

Rosss
    Free Member

Not long moved to Newport too (uni) and found nothing else yet however there looks to be some good stuff heading towards cwmcarn near the canal. Machen looks excellent too but I’ve not got up there yet. If you fancy a ride I could be up for it over the next few weeks.

bright
    Free Member

Always up for riding machen, its about as it gets I reckon. I went for a wander in what must be Jews woods but didn’t find anything. I want to try and find a semi-natural way to machen from Newport but looks difficult.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trails or Jumps around Newport (South Wales)’ is closed to new replies.