Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trails Nearish to Milton Keynes
  • gcaster
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend anywhere good for riding near Milton Keynes?
    A quick google brings up the Woburn Trails but reading forum posts it seems it might be difficult to navigate???
    I’m working Monday evening in MK so was thinking of finding a nearby trail centre for the afternoon. Preferably somewhere easily navigable so I can just zone out and enjoy the ride.
    Thanks

kayak23

Well, Woburn freeride area is good for short little tracks. Good fun, up, down, up down.

Otherwise a ride around the woods. But yes, not that easy if you don’t know it.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Rubbish. Go to Woburn sands, church road/lane forget which, and park at Sandy lane car park (on google maps it comes up with cyclone mtb meeting point). Go through the gate on your left and on the right the Longslade trail starts. Has red waymarking round it with the odd diversion for tree felling.

Yes there are off-piste trails you’ll do well to find them at night. Plenty to ride on a night ride on the Longslade trail.

gcaster
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I think I’ll give Woburn a go and keep my fingers crossed.

Are ride permits obtainable in the car parks?

Trimix
    Free Member

Just ride round with a fiver in case you meet the warden. Which is unlikely.

IdleJon

Rubbish. Go to Woburn sands, church road/lane forget which, and park at Sandy lane car park (on google maps it comes up with cyclone mtb meeting point). Go through the gate on your left and on the right the Longslade trail starts. Has red waymarking round it with the odd diversion for tree felling.

I was riding Woburn for the first time a few weeks ago. The trail was closed about halfway around with absolutely no indication of where it was supposed to be diverted. I gave up after ten minutes of riding around, walking around, scratching head..

The rest of my ride was spent trying to work out where the trail might go but I couldn’t find it.

kimbers

You’ll be fine round the lonslade trail, the diversions due to felling are a bit crap

I can send you a gpx if you like

The bits that don’t make sense you should just be able to get away with following tyre tracks till youre confident you are on the proper trail.
    A lot of the of piste stuff has been trashed by the felling and I think the freeride area too

IdleJon

The bits that don’t make sense you should just be able to get away with following tyre tracks till youre confident you are on the proper trail.

I thought that, as well. I couldn’t find any bleeding tyre tracks. (Slightly disgruntled, can you tell? 🙂 )

It’s a lovely place to ride but it’s tiny for somewhere which is well-known outside the area.

I’ll be there again in a few weeks. I’ll look for tyre tracks again. 😀

fd3chris
    Free Member

The trail is about 7.5 miles long so not too tiny. The felling has shortened it a bit but there is so much other riding available that you can go on for hours.

kimbers

well i try and do a night ride from 8pm either weds or thurs if anyone wants to tag along

flap_jack
    Free Member

If what you’re looking for is a fitness fireroad type blast, you could follow the bridleway loop that runs through the parks that encircle the town itself.

map

The route itself is surfaced, but alongside it runs an all-weather clay / shale bridleway that gives a good workout. It’s well signposted.

Lodge Lake car park is a good place to park up and start.

gcaster
    Free Member

Thanks again all. I’ll give the red run a go and hope for the best I think.
    Thanks for the GPX offer but I’ve not got a gps unfortunately.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trails Nearish to Milton Keynes’ is closed to new replies.