Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trail's near Stank Glen (Strathyre log cabins)
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Hey folks.

Away next week on holiday with the family to the Strathyre holiday site. I remember hearing there were some good trails around the Stank Glen area. Looking for some decent techy riding about 1.5 – 2 hrs long for when the kids go to bed, riding from the log cabins preferably. Can anyone recommend anything or send me some GPX files for trails.

Cheers
    CB

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Bump. Anyone

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s stuff on strava. You could head up Ben Ledi as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Its been wet for a couple of weeks now so expect mud and midge. Ledi is good for the craic and there are some non tech farm tracks near but i still havent found anything amazing locally(mil lives in callander..)

tmb467
    Free Member

Up and down Dumyat?

Ledi is fun if you don’t mind the hike a bike – it knacked me tho

matt_outandabout

Stank Glen, yes.
    There is also up cabins and south, then along to BrigOTurk – as well as the steep cycle path, there is a few trails all rideable in the Woodland Trust bits.
    Some nice bits also, although mainly double track, in woods to south of Venechar to Callander area.
    Callander Crags is fun, techy riding, and up from golf course out to Crackling, then up the river towards Venechar and back along road or Callander Crags.
    You are also across Loch Lubnaig from
    Glen Ample, and again you could follow nose up the hills hills each side.
    The hill path from Strathyre across to Glen Buckie and back via back road from Balqhidder is steep fun.
    Above Balqhidder up Monachyle Glen – just follow nose and look out for fun Singletrack all round.
    Comrie Croft is 25mins away…

doubledunter
    Free Member

Some excellent riding in and around Stank Glen and the surrounding area in general, as mentioned head up Ben Ledi for a nice techy descent,throw strava on for surrounding trails, it will be a midge fest especially if damp and calm.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Excellent. Thanks follow folks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trail's near Stank Glen (Strathyre log cabins)’ is closed to new replies.