Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trails near Carcassonne
  • leggyblonde
    Free Member

Anyone got any advice for some good technical rides? I’ll be out there for a few days next week after a couple of days uplift at Ax les Thermes and would like to keep riding. I don’t mind big climbs for good descents but the FFC trail grading is done purely on vertical rather than technical and so a black route can sometimes be just be a fire road up and down a mountain!

Also I wont have a car and the bike will have DH tyres on so I’d prefer not to have to ride much more than 10km on roads from the centre to the trails.

Cheers.

hofnar
    Free Member

Look at the tracks from Cap Nore from nearby villegly. I rode it in 2016. The main descent from the pic nore is ok stuff. I did the 80k or so route. The missus the 60k the extra loop in the valley from the 80 kis not really interesting. There are two descents on the way up that are actually quite a bit more rad than the main descent further on the route. Its quite a long day out for the full loop.

I live 3 hours away by car and would go back another time(which I don’t do often) So I rate it quite well

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I seem to remember these people had routes on their website, but it’s changed and my language skills have retired long ago.

http://biking66.com/vtt.club.de.prades-156-28.php

(Prades is nearby)

ocrider

+1 Hofnar

The cap nore stuff out of Aragon and Villegly are what you’re looking for
    http://www.atacvtt.com/images/siteffc/Flyer.pdf

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks all. Any particular recommendations from that flyer? The routes on the map are helpfully not numbered….

ocrider

The red loop out of Villegly is No.16 (33k, 700m) I’d use that as a guide and then check the strava segments for the juicy bits

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trails near Carcassonne’ is closed to new replies.