Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trails in uk similar to Morzine
  • cabbage84
    Free Member

Hi all im off to Morzine end of next month but would like to try and ride stuff that is similar in the UK before I go any suggestions. Bikes being used are a trek remedy and a lapierre froggy

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I’d like to ride trails similar to Morzine in the UK. Would save a fortune in flights.

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

Tavistock SuperTavi.

End of discussion.

toons
    Free Member

Try the final descent on the North loop at Whinlatter, it’s little sample and has a Alps type feel to it.

mattbee

Anything covered in braking bumps if you mean the ‘main’ Morzine trails.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The woods behind Nationwide in Swindon.

Ambrose

I’ve been to Morzine loads, but always avoid the Pleney and it’s ilk so I can’t advise on the DH stuff I’m afraid, however…

And as mentioned above- anywhere with braking bumps. They are starting to reappear at Brechfa. TBH though, my advice is to ignore them.

Llanberis path down off Snowdon is a bit reminiscent of sections of the GR5 from Pointe de Mossette down to Les Linderets.

When it rains in Portes du Soleil it can get VERY slippy. Off camber stuff becomes unbelievably challenging, and the rooty sections just seem to get even rootier. So you need to find some off-camber slippery rootiness I suppose.

brakes
    Free Member

anything that has open long runs that aren’t too technical at relatively high speed

neil853
    Free Member

Thats the key character trait, wide (6ft plus) smooth baring breaking bumps but at a consistantly higher speed.

There is some off piste stuff which is almost identicle to any british singletrack, it just goes on much longer!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trails in uk similar to Morzine’ is closed to new replies.