Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trails in the Yeovil / Crewkerne area
  • kilo

Have to spend Xmas at the in laws near Crewkerne, are there any decent trails in the area or am I looking at driving to the Mendips

acjim
    Free Member

I’ve a friend near there and they ride at Longleat, apparently it’s worth it? I think it’s through this group; Black Canon Collective

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The Quantocks will be better for winter fun IMO

GW
    Free Member

Kr’K’rn? 😀
    There’s some ok natural XC riding around crewkerne but nothing amazing (you’ll see more folk on foot than bikes), same with Chard. The other direction, Ham Hill is ok for a quick blast and has some nice singletrack if you look hard enough. Yeovil has some really good dirtjumping and a skate park (if you like that sort of riding). but the Quantocks is hands down the best area for biking, great singletrack with everything from easy beginner routes to decent DH tracks.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

hehe I live between Crewkerne and Yeovil!!

Drop me an email at leeandrews@wc-freeriders.co.uk and we can arrange something. I am at home this Christmas and will be off work for prob 2 weeks so I can give you a spin of the local tracks and trails, good for couple of hours with some road riding linking bits up.

Or

We could team up and head off to Mendips, Puddletown (Dorchester), Quantocks etc.

BlobOnAStick

Look at the trails around Ham Hill nr Yeovil. I recall there were many to choose from, although the paths on the very top of the hill will be busy with walkers if the weather is fine.

Quantocks is better and closer than the Mendips and also my mate says the Blackdown Hills can be good.

Ben

kilo

Thanks for the advice, I’d thought Ham Hill might be an option. Mr Jackass thanks for that I’ll have to see how much escape time I can wangle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trails in the Yeovil / Crewkerne area’ is closed to new replies.