Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trails in the Reading area…
  • Spanner-Man
    Free Member

Evening all,

Can anyone recommend any riding in the Reading area that isn’t Swinley?

Fancy somewhere different and a bit closer to home for some evening rides.

Cheers in advance.

Sean

hydrophil
    Free Member

Spanner Man
    Theres loads! I used to live in Wallingford a few years back and the square of land between Wallingford-Goring-Reading-High Wycombe (i.e the south Chilterns) is rife with decent trails, all of which are rideable
    Favourites of mine were all the stuff round Nettlebed (Deadman’s Lane – spooky at dusk!), Stoke Row and Woodcote – brilliant!

Get yourself a 1:25K OS map and go and explore, or, failing that, get yourself along to one of Trail Break’s evening or weekend orienteering events which all take place in the area around Reading. see web site.

Have fun – Im jealous as I used to love it down there 🙁

gusamc
    Free Member

as above.

Gorge cafe, Caversham, Warren, W along river , Goring and loop back

OS map 175, 50,000 size covers area pretty well.

auricgoldfinger

Yep second all that. Used to ride it all when I lived in Caversham. Good trails.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

* Reading to Henley along Thames then out from henley into Chilterns and onto The Ridgeway north of henley.
    * Also trails N & E of Henley – crazies hill,cockpole green,hambleden, southend
    * Area between Goring and Henley has a really ok patchwork of bridleways and cheeky footpaths to explore. OS explorer 171 – note Checkendon, Assendon, Nettlebed, Stoke Row as others have said.
    * Train to Goring from Reading (or cycle along Thames via Mapledurham etc) then from Goring there is the Ridgeway westwards.

giantjason
    Free Member

loads of stuff as said anywhere above caversham going from pangbourne to henley and north as far as the m40.

that is where all the trails we use are, on our tuesday night work ride. beware though, most of the trails we rode last night had lots of mega stingy nettles!!

zbonty

There is loads of it as mentioned above. Almost exclusively north of the Thames, after 15+ years i still can’t link all of it together as well as i’d like.

Also a quiet shout for Sulham woods to the western edge of Reading for some sweeeet singletrack of an evening.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

There is loads of it as mentioned above. Almost exclusively north of the Thames, after 15+ years i still can’t link all of it together as well as i’d like.

that’s sadly true….
    …goes to google Sulham Wood 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trails in the Reading area…’ is closed to new replies.