Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trails in the Arriege France
  • framebuster
    Free Member

As there is a foot of snow outside at the moment – I shall plan my Easter holiday in the Arriege, South of France. Anybody know the area? Or at least know of a good source of info.

toys19
    Free Member

In 1990 I stayed in St Girons int he Ariege. Lush market town. There were some purpose built VTT trails but we didnt ride them, we rode up fire roads and down sheep tracks. 6 hours climbing 1 1/2 hrs decending. I was 9 stone. We met only sheep, goats and farmers..
    I would love to go back so please tell us what you find.

toys19
    Free Member
    stravaiger
    Free Member
    framebuster
    Free Member

There are some excellent links on that original thread. I am planning on running an mtb holiday from a friends Gite next April toys19 and others if you are interested. I am going to do recce the week before to check out the trails. I have been out a couple of times on family hols and it looked great but only got to escape for the odd half day.

toys19
    Free Member

hmm good to know email in profile send me more details..

ianv
    Free Member

The riding to the east of lac du montbel is a bit crap big climbs and not great descents. The cicuit of the lake is OK but short. South of Lavalanet it gets hillier and there is some good stuff. Ax les therme has invested quite a bit in its bike park.

framebuster
    Free Member

Am running holiday from friends Gite South of Lavenelet close to Belesta in a wee village called Fougax and Barrineuf. Looked like some really good riding when I was last there after only a very brief explore. Certainly a weeks worth of trails. Could do with any extra info though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trails in the Arriege France’ is closed to new replies.