Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Trails in North Wales
  • jimmy

Going on holiday to Welsh Wales next week and looking for a decent not-too-techy ride to do with the missus. Big ups no worries, just steep techy downs will phase her. Ideally long flowing singletrack…. We’ll be around Llanberis way but with motor to travel. Looking for natural alternatives to trail centres as well…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Been a long time since I rode it but really liked Nant y Arian. And we had somebody with us that wasn’t that happy on the downs but managed ok. Enjoy.

jimmy

Think I’ve done that one, but have an inkling its worth going back to for the final ST descent through the trees…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Which if I remember right was so good we rode back up the hill to do it again.

voodoo_simon
    Free Member

Llanberis to betws garmon via the mines/hills, down to llyn cwellyn, up the rangers and down telegraph valley (bwlch maesgwm on the OS map)

Probably 3-4 hours ride allowing for a long dinner stop

loddrik
    Free Member

The Marin at Llanrwst is good fun with nothing too technical. Tawr at CyB pretty straight forward too. Neither are that far from Llanberis.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Llanberis to betws garmon via the mines/hills, down to llyn cwellyn, up the rangers and down telegraph valley (bwlch maesgwm on the OS map)
    Probably 3-4 hours ride allowing for a long dinner stop

You would gave to be up early to beat the unofficial bike ban, and careful with the weather on snowdon.

Penmachno is a great trail.

Sandwich

Slate quarries? Round the lake at Llanberis then uphill for an hour (maybe more). Lunch overlooking the quarry then down you go. It’s terraced so there are opportunities to get your focus back after every down, not technical but can be as fast or slow as you like/brake pads last for. Then back to Llanberis and into V10 for coffee and cake.

The Telegraph Valley escape from the Rangers is just after the signs for the voluntary ban so a very short push 100m max to get to the branch, bear left then back on your bike and down the valley.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I will be doing the Capel Colwyd ride on Saturday the 9th with a mate if your about then you can join us, ride starts from Llyn Crafnant carpark. Email in profile if you or anyone else fancies it.

sofatester
    Free Member

Take your pick

Anything graded red will be fine for your CO.

Never trust an officer with a map

Or buy this and explore!

😀

Doug
    Free Member

You would gave to be up early to beat the unofficial bike ban, and careful with the weather on snowdon.

As mentioned above, the volunatry agreement starts on Rangers Path at the point the official bridleway turning to Bwlch Maesgwm (Telegraph path) turns left. The BW is non existent on the ground as most people walk/ride/push up the public footpath just short of the gate as its an easier gradient. This does start above the limit of the voluntary agreement but only by a 100m or so. On the off chance anyone has a problem with you riding up to the gate then tell them your going over to Llanberis and leave them to it.

saxabar
    Free Member

I will be doing the Capel Colwyd ride on Saturday the 9th with a mate if your about then you can join us, ride starts from Llyn Crafnant carpark. Email in profile if you or anyone else fancies it.

The first half of this will be an exposed bogfest given the rain we’ve had and are going to get!

karen805
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from a weekend in Snowdonia, I spent two days at Coed Y Brenin on various tracks, even my mum coped with the green’s and blues so there is plenty for all.

I also rode a bit of the Penmachno trail, rude not to as it was minutes from where we were staying, didn’t have the time to ride it all but would love to go back and do so.

highclimber
    Free Member

Then back to Llanberis and into V10 for coffee and cake.

Is that next door to V12?

Moel Eilio looks like a lot of fun though I haven’t ridden it yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Trails in North Wales’ is closed to new replies.