Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trails in herefordshire/Powys?
  • kure666
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent red loops/dh spots in the eardisley/leominster/wigmore area.
    I’ve been riding for about 5 months after being introduced to the red loop at Hopton heath by some mates and have become a regular. As much as I love it there, variety is the spice of life n all that.
    We recently discovered bringewood so I assume there’s other places we are missing?

Any info on areas to check out would be appreciated.

skaifan
    Free Member

Moore Park and Bringewood. Bringewood is more dh orientated but pretty sprawling. Pearce cycles in Ludlow do uplift days there. It’s a long climb back up. For Moore park, there is a car park on the edge of Richards castle and another one sort of underneath Bringewood. I can’t remember road names as I’m no longer local.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mortimer forest has a fair few trails, but not as many as it used to. That’s where we used to ride all the time. Otherwise there’s nothing to speak of.

T1000
    Free Member

Plenty of interesting stuff on the Hay side of the Black Mountains

Don’t forget the area around Hergest + have a look for a copy of the route map for the defunct Roughride event (but check the rights of way as the route designer ‘Jerry the Clog’ negotiated access to f private land for sections of the event)

Jerry was part responsible for the defunct roughride website which had loads of route data in the area …. Its doubtful that anyone knows the rights of way better than Jerry…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trails in herefordshire/Powys?’ is closed to new replies.