Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Trails In central scotland
  • jackbunyan
    Free Member

Hi guys, im pretty new on here and have recently started taking my cycling more seriously about 4 months ago. I live in Glasgow and am struggling to find trails.

Trails that i enjoy are technical downhills, fast singletrack etc, enduro type stuff, and muddy stuff 😛

I know about carron valley, but im sure a couple of guys on here will know some secrets routes around about me. Travelling is not an issue, lets say a 40 mile cicumference for talking sake.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Jack

poah
    Free Member

if you are local to pollok park there are a coupe of small loops and fast DH sections that are good for a hour or so. Cambusbarron, climbing up dumyat/back down through mine wood is a good ride.

BoardinBob

Dumyat and aberfoyle are the obvious shouts.

matt_outandabout

40 miles from Glasgow? It’s called the highlands… 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dumyat, cambusbarron, N3, aberfoyle, kilpatricks….. Lots within the hour. And if you like a proper hill, train out to balloch and do Ben Lomond, and train to ardrossan, ferry to Arran and do goatfell.

matt_outandabout

ArdgartenLoop, Glen Loin, Ben Ledi, Ben Vorlich, Ben Lomond all fit the steep,n fun bit to a greater or lesser degree.

Get thee on Trail Scotland, Google maps and an OS map and compass.

iainc

And Mugdock on your doorstep for local stuff, loads of tight and tecky and often muddy !

TheFlyingOx

If you’re on pussbook, join the Dumyat Muddy Funsters group. Loads of trails around that area, and there is always someone off out for a ride to show you around. Before I got married and had kids, and therefore had a life, I used to travel regularly from the east end of Edinburgh to ride there. Well worth the journey.

stevie750

Where are the fast DH sections in pollok park?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Where are the fast DH sections in pollok park?

You need hills to have dh, I believe.

legend
    Free Member

If you we’re going to drive as far as Ae you’d be better off just picking a part of the Tweed Valley instead

poah
    Free Member

You need hills to have dh, I believe

they are short but they are there.

jackbunyan
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys, exactly what I was looking for

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Welcome to join me at aberfoyle on monday. Trails are as steep and tech as they come

iainc

Tue and Wed evenings and Sunday mornings

GMBC

rene59
    Free Member

Have a look on here.

http://www.mtbtrails.info/

Trekster

legend – Member
    If you we’re going to drive as far as Ae you’d be better off just picking a part of the Tweed Valley instead

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    Good to have choices and alternatives 💡

Biased opinion of course 😉

thursdayshirts
    Free Member

Mauldslie.

athgray
    Free Member

The Pentland Hills give good riding about 40 miles from Glasgow.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Trails In central scotland’ is closed to new replies.