Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Trails at Badaguish near Aviemore
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

perhaps its more a question of scale, selling maps locally is different from telling an internet forum of however many thousand?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

This is all very interesting but what about a map of all these trails?

I can't see one anywhere?

😉

AJ
    Free Member

eckinspain no bother as long as you and your group are responsible. If it's a minging pissing day ride else where (just the same as many of the trails in the area)

Font, i think scale is good way of thinking about it

That map that was posted up was only printed up to reduce the number of spectators trampling through the forest and stamping on the caper.

We have been asked by the FC to NOT publicize badaguish.

Regards to the maps sold in Bothy bikes, the scale is different and the shop will advise when the trails are soggy or the caper are horny, they look at it as a method of caring for the trails.

Hell Eckinspain mail me closer to the date and i'll see if i can show you some trails.

Bunnyhop

The map we were sold by Bothy bikes was for the whole area. As there were only 2 of us they showed us where these trails were. Otherwise we wouldn't have had any knowledge.

They were hard to find though even with a map, so I'm guessing unless you're local or are guided, you'd struggle to find and ride all of them.

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – Trailmap No.1 shows the general areas AND the bit where it says "some single track". I still have the map and, funnily enough, it didn't disintegrate when I left the area. That means I could go back, or lend it to someone else to go, without any advice from Bothy Bikes. So this bit …

Regards to the maps sold in Bothy bikes, the scale is different and the shop will advise when the trails are soggy or the caper are horny, they look at it as a method of caring for the trails.

doesn't hold water (unlike some of the paths).

kennyp
    Free Member

Eh? But it's OK for Bothy Bikes to sell maps of the trails

I don't think those trails are actually on the maps that Bothy Bikes sell. However they will show you where the trails are if you ask nicely. The trails wouldn't really support huge numbers of riders, so keeping them semi-secret is an okay thing to do.

nbt

I don't think those trails are actually on the maps that Bothy Bikes sell.

Yes they are, I have one in front of me here. Not as clear as the map removed from the start of the thread, but marked on all the same

AJ
    Free Member

It's not about keeping them secret. it's about being responsible on a trail that was built for a one time event back in 2004 and has gained a reputation of somewhere to ride while your in Aviemore (generally regardless of the trail condition)

It's also about the FC looking for any reason to pop the trail pimple on the ass of the Queens forest.

I like the trail. A lot of local and not so local peoples sweat and blood have gone into it am i such a tool for trying to encourage a bit of common.

Andy

AJ
    Free Member

Druidh

grow up stop picking holes i thought more of you from what i've read.

the chance of average Joe finding all of the trails from map no1 is slim.

(sorry if this does not hold water)

druidh
    Free Member

Andy – as I've said above, the only issue I have is of the double standards being employed here. I agree that publishing sensitive trails on the internet can be a bit "dangerous" and I also agree that passing on such information by word of mouth or on a one-to-one basis is a good way of letting non-local riders in on the secret in a careful fashion (in fact, I got some good intell. from Bothy Bikes on another trail). However, Map 1 shows exactly where they are (or at least my 2006 version does).

aviemoron
    Free Member

It was the first trail I ever built and if you don't know where it is, ask the Bothy Bikers very nicely where it is, and if it's not too wet, go and enjoy it. No skidding, "modifying" or any of your trail centre bad manners though.

marty
    Free Member

back away AJ. the special ones have appeared.

[draws curtains]

sweepy
    Free Member

Pretty well ideal there today, had a great ride

househusband

I have 'Trailmaps, Strathspey Map 1 – 2008' by trailmaps.biz (which I bought from Bothy Bikes) in front of me and it very clearly shows the precise location of the trails and also mentions them briefly in the text. I'd consider myself no more than 'average Joe' on a mountain bike, looking for trails.

We have been asked by the FC to NOT publicize badaguish.

So I can only assume from this statement that you and/or the FC have asked trailmaps.biz to remove the trails from their map? The FC can't ask people not to publicise the trails – and then have local bike shops selling maps of them!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Trails at Badaguish near Aviemore’ is closed to new replies.