• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by td75.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trails around North leeds
  • td75
    Free Member

I maybe moving to the Moortown area of leeds. I was just wondering what the trails and cycling was like around there? Is there any good areas without having to put the bike in a car?

5thumbs
    Free Member

There’s plenty of decent trails which you should be able to ride straight from your door. Meanwood valley trail is popular as it heads out towards the dirt jumps in Adel Woods. Also plenty of trails going North from Shadwell, out to Harewood and around Thorner and Bramham. Usually some road riding needed to link up loops but plenty of interesting stuff if you look. Best bet is get the relevant OS map and have fun plotting some routes.

td75
    Free Member

Thanks 5thumbs. I will have to start planning some routes. Cheers.

markshires
    Free Member

I did the evans ride it event earlier this year starting from Harewood which was a good ride, could be worth having a look at the routes from that.

Here’s the link to it
    http://www.evanscycles.com/pages/rideit-leeds-mtb-ride-8th-march-2014

td75
    Free Member

Cheers Mark. Thanks for the link.

devash
    Free Member

Adel Woods / Scotland Wood and Meanwood Valley area have some nice cheeky trails.

Stainburn Forest is worth a visit and its not too far with the car, near Otley / Harrogate. Otley Chevin is another nice spot.

td75
    Free Member

Sounds like I would have plenty of options.

tmb467
    Free Member

If you make it down to BD10 / Apperley Bridge there’s plenty here and it’s only a short drive (or bike it)

el_boufador

Loads and loads and loads of trails! Some great ones within the urban areas(which in my opinion are probably generally more fun in terms of technical difficulty). Look at the os map, spot a wood, you are pretty much guaranteed to find a trail there. Only downside is mthat a lot of the stuff to the east (e.g. roundhay park) becomes unridably muddy in the winter

td75
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Looks like there is some great riding around the area.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trails around North leeds’ is closed to new replies.